- Basic Powers: To increase good health, vitality and sexual powers.
- Pronunciation: “soe-wee-low”
Transcendent power, salvation, knowledge, strength in times of trouble. Also useful for matters of success and divination. Will counter all dark forces. The sun is a symbol of personal, transcendent salvation.
Sowilo is the rune of the will. It is that spiritual energy which guides all true seekers. A rune of success. Victory, success. Used for healing. Used when strength and self-confidence are needed.
Strengthening of the psychic centers. Increase in spiritual will. Guidance through the pathways, “enlightenment”. Victory and success through individual will.
sowilo sowilo sowilo
s s s s s s s s s
s s s o o o l l l
su sa si se so
(sul sal sil sel sol)
us as is es os
si se su sa su
s s s s s s s s s
It can be used in conjunction with the symbol, or chanted while visualizing the symbol. The symbol can be etched into a candle while intoning the chant, and then, as the candle burns, the spell is released and sent.
The Statement of Intent
Sunna is the goddess of hope.
She points out the way
and gives us the energy for life’s work.
This is a modern version of the “Rune Poem” that defines this particular rune. It can be used in combination with the chant, and while creating a talisman or spell that uses the power of this rune.
Rune Yoga, or Runic postures are used to anchor the energy of the Rune in your physical body. More about them can be found here: Runic Postures.
Assume the recommended runic posture and sing the name of the rune in a non-exhaustive way that you can feel your body vibrating – in magic literature it is called vibrating. It could be that you can hear overtones clearer as usual during vibrating. Take this as a good sign. You are visualizing the rune with your inner eye, as its form is being represented by your body and the energies are flowing through your body.
With the body in the form of the rune S, fold the arms at the side of the body while the hip and knee joints form the rune Sowilo. Balance the position on your toes.
Sit on your heels, so that your legs and calves meet tightly along their length. Keep the torso vertical, with the arms along the sides of the legs.
Before practicing a rune it is recommended to know everything on the powers of the rune you want to practice. The flow of energy is different for each rune, a field of research for your sensitivity.
The hand positions, or mudras are effective only after you have anchored the runes in your own aura and body. They can be made silent and unobtrusive.
- Understanding Runes
- Flight of the Condor
- A Practical Guide to the Runes
- Esoteric Rune Magic
- Image from Deep Earth Arts
Leave a Reply
- Animal Symbols and Archetypes by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Sun Storm and Solar Flare Magick by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Sunstone Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Sunflower Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Solar Eclipses by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Herbs by Gender by shirleytwofeathers - 4 Comments
- Purple Loosestrife Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- Heather Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- Magickal Uses of Mud Dauber Dirt by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- Correspondences for January by shirleytwofeathers - 2 Comments