Divination Ritual For Lady Luck Day
April 5 is Lady Luck Day. It is dedicated to Fortuna, the Roman goddess of good fortune. Here is a nice divination ritual that makes for a fun get together.
- Color: Purple
- Element: Air
- Altar: Upon a purple cloth lay nine purple candles, a great cup of wine, the figure of a ship, deck of Tarot or other divinatory cards, and the figure of a Wheel of Fortune.
- Offerings: Take a chance.
- Daily Meal: Potluck, with everyone contributing one dish, which is not discussed beforehand.
Lady of the whirling wheel
That throws some up and flings some down;
Lady who both wounds and heals,
Lady who spins us round and round,
We beg you, Fortuna, for your bounty,
And pray you will not cast us aside,
For we cannot let go of your magnificent wheel,
But we all must hang on for the ride.
Maker of chances and opportunity,
Tradition says you are bald behind,
That seizing you by the oncoming forelock
And hoping that you will be kind
Is the only way to win your favor,
But we know what they do not.
You are never kind, yet many times
You will give the slow ones a second shot.
Stormy lady, sailor’s mistress,
Tormentor of the ship at sea,
You come to us like a gypsy’s laughter
And leave us almost silently.
We spin the wheel, we roll the dice,
We patch our wounds across the rift,
We call for you once, we weep for you twice,
We honor you and your ambivalent gift.
(Each comes forth and draws a card; it is a message from Fortuna. Unlike other divination sessions, on this day each must reveal to the others what card was received, and it can be discussed among the participants. Such is luck.)
Found in: Pagan Book of Hours
Leave a Reply
- Reading Candle Wax The art of reading a candle's melted and hardened wax is call...
- Throwing The Bones In bone divination, bones of various sorts are ritually tosse...
- Shagai – Throwing The Bones Shagai refers to the astragalus of the ankle of a sheep or go...
- Ask The Fortune Teller Welcome to my Ask The Fortune Teller page. She is open for bus...
- Methods of Divination There are so many methods of divination, that I think it can tr...
- The Zulu Bone Casting Tradition I found the following post while browsing the Magic Cafe Forums...
- Bay Leaf Divination The oracle at Daphne, near Tarsus was obtained by dipping bay...
- Onomancy Onomancy comes from the Greek onoma (name), and manteia (prop...
- Nephomancy – What is it? Nephomancy or Nephelomancy is divination by studying clouds...
- Ailuromancy – What is it? Ailuromancy or aeluromancy , also known as felidomancy, is a...