Yes or No Answers
In the aura of candle light
string a needle on a thread of white
then let the needle hang in the air
asking any question that you dare
Watch the needle swing back and forth
And should it swing from South to North
then the answer is clearly yes
if it circles its anyone’s guess
If the needle swings West to East
the answer is no to say the least
when you’re done put the oracle away
to be consulted another day
Ailuromancy or aeluromancy , also known as felidomancy, is a form of theriomancy. It is divination using cats’ movements or jumps to predict future events, especially the weather.
Cats have been revered as magical since the time of the ancient Egyptians. One of the most common methods of ailuromancy utilizes the movements and behaviors of a cat to predict upcoming weather patterns.
Weather forecasting With Cats:
- A cat washing itself is believed to be a forecast of rain.
- If a cat sneezes it will rain.
- If the cat turns its tail to a fire or any substituting heat source, it foretells a possible change in weather, particularly the coming of heavy rain or hard frost.
- If a cat sits with its back to the fire, it is a sure sign of frost.
- If a cat curls up with its forehead touching the ground, it indicates that storms will happen in the near future.
- To see a cat wash behind its ears is a sign that a visitor will call.
- If a fisherman’s wife keeps a black cat in her house, her man will return safely from sea.
Gloom and doom:
- If a cat leaves a house when there is illness within, and will not be coaxed back, the sick person will die.
- A sick person will die if he or she dreams of cats or sees two cats fighting.
- If a cat sneezes three times in a row, everyone in the family will come down with a cold.
Your cat may also assist in divination:
Leave a door open and think of a question that can be answered yes or no. Call your cat into the room and notice which paw it first places on the floor. If it is the right forepaw, the answer is yes; if the cat steps with the left, the answer is no.
Collected from various sources
Go outside at night when the sky is clear. Ask a question. If the stars seem to glow brighter, or if a shooting star races across the sky, the answer is yes. If nothing seems to occur after fifteen minutes, or if clouds blot out the stars, the response is no.
Before going to bed, walk outside, look up at the sky and say the following: “Stars, stars, show me the future.” It will appear in a dream that night.
Wishing on a star is a popular practice. Outside, look at at one particular star for several minutes. State your hoped-for future. Close your eyes for three seconds. If, upon opening your eyes, they immediately fix on the same star, your future is as you wished. If you can’t find it at once, your future will be different.
This divination is best suited for questions that have a “yes” or a “no” answer, or for questions regarding a positive or negative outcome to a general situation..
Spend a few minutes gathering stones. Half should be dark and half of a lighter color. Place them on the ground before you. Ask your question or keep it in mind.
Close your eyes and jumble the stones around for a few seconds; then, with your left or receptive hand, remove one of the stones. If you picked a dark stone, the answer is yes or the prospects favorable. If light, no.
Found at: White Magic
- Throwing The Bones In bone divination, bones of various sorts are ritually tosse...
- Shagai – Throwing The Bones Shagai refers to the astragalus of the ankle of a sheep or go...
- Ask The Fortune Teller Welcome to my Ask The Fortune Teller page. She is open for bus...
- Methods of Divination There are so many methods of divination, that I think it can tr...
- The Zulu Bone Casting Tradition I found the following post while browsing the Magic Cafe Forums...
- Onomancy Onomancy comes from the Greek onoma (name), and manteia (prop...
- Reading Candle Wax The art of reading a candle's melted and hardened wax is call...
- Nephomancy – What is it? Nephomancy or Nephelomancy is divination by studying clouds...
- Taromancy – What is it? Taromancy is the art of divination through the use of Tarot c...
- Bay Leaf Divination The oracle at Daphne, near Tarsus was obtained by dipping bay...