To have a question answered, or to ask about your life in general, perform this ritual on the Dark Moon night. You will need the following:
- Black Candle
- Tarot Cards and./or Rune Stones
- Wand (or something to serve as a wand)
Take a ritual cleansing bath and dress in a dark robe or go naked. Cast your circle as usual, or at least bless salt and sprinkle it around your working area. Light a black candle on each side of the altar. Have ready an appropriate incense. Place your tarot cards or rune stones in the center of the altar. Lay your wand beside the cards. Stand with your arms outstretched and say:
The cycle of the Moon has turned once more.
The Moon hides her light from the uninitiated.
Those who follow the Ancient Paths know that her power
is not gone, is not diminished.
The wisdom of the Dark Mother is there for all who truly seek her.
Tap the altar three times with your wand:
Hear me, O Carrier of Wisdom.
My voice flies through the night to you.
Show me new pathways I must tread
To change my life and make it new.
Light the incense and lift it high over the altar:
I bring an offering, fine and fair.
The scent will rise upon the air
To reach your realms. Bless me soon,
O Lady of the Darkened Moon.
Tap the cards or rune bag three times with the wand, then circle them clockwise three times with the wand. Tap them three more times, to equal the number nine, a Moon number. Lay the wand aside and shuffle the cards or stir the runes.
Divide the cards into three piles, moving from left to right; or lay our three runes in the same pattern. The left pile is the past; the middle the present; the right the future.
Turn up the top card on each pile and contemplate what you see. Be open even if you don’t understand the message. It will become clear later. Turn up a second card on each pile and think about what you see. Then do this a third time. What was not clear with the first card will probably be clarified with the others.
If you want to use both tarot and runes, turn up the first round of cards. Then choose a rune stone and lay that next to each upturned card. Finally turn up the second round of cards.
This also works with more than one tarot deck or type of card deck. For example you might use a standard tarot deck, the Medicine Cards, and Star-Gate cards.
Write down what has been revealed to you. In this way you will be better able to remember and understand when things begin to happen at a later date.
From: Moon Magick
- Shagai – Throwing The Bones Shagai refers to the astragalus of the ankle of a s...
- Ask The Fortune Teller Welcome to my Ask The Fortune Teller page. She is op...
- Throwing The Bones In bone divination, bones of various sorts are ritu...
- Onomancy Onomancy comes from the Greek onoma (name), and man...
- The Zulu Bone Casting Tradition I found the following post while browsing the Magic Caf...
- Dark Moon Divination by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- New Moon Divination Chant by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Yarrow Love Divination by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Selenomancy – What is it? by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- New Moon Show Me My Love Spell by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment