Irish women and girls check the loyalty and faithfulness of their lover by placing two nuts (one named after the lover and one with the girl’s name) on the bars of a fireplace grate. If a lover’s nut cracks or jumps, it means that he is unfaithful and will not be loyal to the girl. If a lover’s nut burns or catches fire, it shows that he has true love or respect for the girl. If the girl’s and the lover’s nut burn together, it means that they will get married.
Found at: I Love India
In the aura of candle light
string a needle on a thread of white
then let the needle hang in the air
asking any question that you dare
Watch the needle swing back and forth
And should it swing from South to North
then the answer is clearly yes
if it circles its anyone’s guess
If the needle swings West to East
the answer is no to say the least
when you’re done put the oracle away
to be consulted another day
- Shagai – Throwing The Bones Shagai refers to the astragalus of the ankle of a s... under Throwing The Bones
- Ask The Fortune Teller Welcome to my Ask The Fortune Teller page. She is op...
- Hestia’s Needle Divination In the aura of candle light string a needle on a thr... under Yes or No Answers
- The Zulu Bone Casting Tradition I found the following post while browsing the Magic Caf... under Throwing The Bones
- Methods of Divination There are so many methods of divination, that I thi...