This system is based on the concept that your connection with a particular stone or metal at times during your life reflects your need for its specific energy on the direction of your path.
Ancient diviners had splendid collections of stones and metals that they had the querist (the person questing for information) choose from. Today we may make our own collections, using samples found on our journey. It is not necessary to have fabulous, expensive stones and metal samples – rough uncut forms work quite effectively.
You may have the querist select three or four in order of preference, or just one to use for a specific question. You might also have them pick one for past, one to represent present, and one for future. If you work with the stones every day, you will begin to find your own best way to utilize them.
After a stone or metal has been selected, you might ask why that one seemed attractive in regard to the issue being discussed. If you do this before you interpret, you will find it amazing how many times the querist already “knows” the property of the stone and has chosen the exact one most needed at that time. You might also advise the querist to obtain a similar stone for use as a totem.
Traditional Meanings of Stones:
- Amethyst: Rich stone of love, good fortune, and positive spiritual magick. Can indicate a new spiritual awakening.
- Coral: Strong protection against all kinds of personal misfortunes. Can indicate deep emotional turbulence.
- Diamond: Strong attraction to power, luxury, and wealth; also attracts friendships. Can indicate the strengthening of a relationship.
- Emerald: Powerful stone for one’s present inner vision and psychic abilities. Can indicate negativity being averted.
- Garnet: Stone of honesty, truth, purity, and compassionate benevolence. Can indicate overactive selflessness.
- Jade: Sacred balancing stone for overall harmony and personal power. Can indicate a need for spiritual serenity.
- Lapis Lazuli: Stone of connection to the spiritual realms, between the worlds. Can indicate strong spirit guides are present.
- Moonstone: Stone of gentle passions and faithful supportive love. Can indicate a need for greater receptivity.
- Opal: Somewhat tricky stone of mystical attunement and perceptive gifts. Can indicate superstitious beliefs.
- Ruby: Regal stone of one’s present loyalty, faith, and powerful courage. Can indicate the quest of a spiritual warrior.
- Sapphire: Powerful stone of synthesis, peace, harmony, and healing. Can indicate a need for magical studies.
- Topaz: Active stone of protection, focus, and achievement of goals. Can indicate a need for self-confidence.
- Turquoise: Soothing stone of personal peace, Nature wisdom, ideals. Can indicate scattered energies.
Traditional Meanings of Metals
- Aluminum: Ingenuity, perception, creativity, and practical materialism. Can indicate a career change.
- Copper: Self-healing abilities, inspirational gifts, friendly nature. Can indicate a need for flexibility.
- Iron: Protective nature, strong supportive tendencies, willfulness. Can indicate possessiveness and pride.
- Lead: Mystical tasks to be achieved, karmic debts to be balanced. Can indicate piety and martyrdom.
- Silver: Receptivity, emotionality, psychic gifts, projecting power. Can indicate a secretive nature.
- Tin: Friendliness, expansiveness, joyful tasks present, positive outlook. Can indicate an overactive ego.
The same meanings and significances apply if a specific stone or metal shows up unexpectedly in your own life, or if you feel a particular draw to a stone or metal.
Other stones and metals can be added to your collection as you discover the meanings and significance they hold. A good book for study is “Love is in the Earth” by Melody.
This divination is best suited for questions that have a “yes” or a “no” answer, or for questions regarding a positive or negative outcome to a general situation..
Spend a few minutes gathering stones. Half should be dark and half of a lighter color. Place them on the ground before you. Ask your question or keep it in mind.
Close your eyes and jumble the stones around for a few seconds; then, with your left or receptive hand, remove one of the stones. If you picked a dark stone, the answer is yes or the prospects favorable. If light, no.
Found at: White Magic
- Throwing The Bones In bone divination, bones of various sorts are ritually tosse...
- Shagai – Throwing The Bones Shagai refers to the astragalus of the ankle of a sheep or go...
- Ask The Fortune Teller Welcome to my Ask The Fortune Teller page. She is open for bus...
- Methods of Divination There are so many methods of divination, that I think it can ...
- The Zulu Bone Casting Tradition I found the following post while browsing the Magic Cafe Forums...
- Onomancy Onomancy comes from the Greek onoma (name), and manteia (prop...
- Taromancy – What is it? Taromancy is the art of divination through the use of Tarot c...
- Russian Bath House Oracle This Russian New Year's Eve women's divination ritual foretel...
- Nephomancy – What is it? Nephomancy or Nephelomancy is divination by studying clouds...
- Notarikon Notarikon (Hebrew: נוטריקון Noṭariqōn) is a method of derivi...