There are many ways to cope with stress. Regular exercise, connecting with others, yoga, and massages are a few. However, there’s also a Japanese self-relaxation technique that can be done anywhere in 5 minutes. To give a quick background, each of the fingers in our hand represents a different kind of emotion or feeling.
- The Thumb helps fend off emotions like worry and anxiety.
- The Index finger helps you fight your fears.
- The Middle finger helps control feelings of rage and bitterness.
- The Ring finger aids in fighting melancholy and depression.
- The Pinky helps relieve stress and boosts your optimism and self-esteem.
Here are the steps!
Your goal is to balance all the opposing energy forces in your body. Start this by taking one finger at a time, grasping it with the opposite hand and wrapping every finger around it.
Hold each finger for one to two fingers. Wait until you feel the pulse. This is when you know it’s working.
To aid in relaxation, apply slight pressure to the center of your palm with your opposite thumb and hold for at least one minute.
If you practice this technique every day, your spirit becomes balanced, enabling you to deal with stress much more effectively.
Here’s a how-to video:
El Morya’s I AM affirmations help purify and energize the three major aspects of our practical spirituality—heart, head and hand—for a greater mind-heart-body connection.
We begin with the heart because the heart is the hub of life, physically and spiritually. The heart is the place where we commune with God. It is the center from which we send out our love to nourish mankind.
With the “Heart” mantra, we call forth the transmutative power of the violet flame to dissolve negative feelings and karma that block the flow of energy through our heart. This mantra helps us develop the qualities of the heart. It helps us become more open, more sensitive and more compassionate to the plight of so many who need our love and our prayers.
Visualize the violet flame within your heart as a pulsating violet light that softens your heart, transforming anger into compassion, bitterness into sweetness, anxiety into peace.
Violet fire, thou love divine,
Blaze within this heart of mine!
Thou art mercy forever true,
Keep me always in tune with you.
Our head, or crown chakra, is the chalice where we receive the creative thoughts of God and our Higher Self. The “Head” mantra clears the physical and spiritual faculties of the mind so that we can think and communicate more clearly. It helps us strengthen our intuitive faculties, including our third eye chakra, and develop a keener perception of spiritual dimensions.
See the violet flame leaping up from your heart and penetrating into your head to clear your mind of all mental blocks, negative images and limiting concepts about yourself or others. See your mind becoming filled with the brilliant light of God.
I AM light, thou Christ in me,
Set my mind forever free;
Violet fire, forever shine
Deep within this mind of mine. God who gives my daily bread,
With violet fire fill my head
Till thy radiance heavenlike
Makes my mind a mind of light.
Our hands represent how we put our spirituality into practice. The hand symbolizes the power of God to make things happen—through our profession, our service to life, the big and small things we do for others every day. Through our hand we can transfer tremendous energy and healing. In the “Hand” mantra we affirm that when we work hand-in-hand with God, nothing will be impossible.
Visualize the violet flame dissolving the cause, effect, record and memory of those things you had a “hand” in that you wish you hadn’t done.
I AM the hand of God in action,
Gaining victory every day;
My pure soul’s great satisfaction
Is to walk the Middle Way.
- Invoking the Violet Flame We lovingly speak and "see" mantras, affirmations, decr...
- I AM the Violet Fire I AM the Violet Fire God's All Consuming Love. I AM th...
- Hoodoo Prayers Affirmative prayer is used by practitioners of African...
- Radiant Spiral Violet Flame Radiant spiral violet flame, Descend, now blaze throug...
- A Nice Violet Flame Meditation From the Daily Om, here is a very simple and very nice...
- Violet Flame Decree For Forgiveness I AM Forgiveness acting here, Casting out all doubt an...
- How to Use the Violet Flame The violet flame is invoked through "decreeing" - a uni...
- Japanese Method to Relax In 5 Minutes There are many ways to cope with stress. Regular exerci...
- Beloved I AM Presence Bright Beloved I AM presence bright Around me seal your tube...
- My Magic I AM Presence “My Magic I AM Presence Charge! Charge! Charge! Me...