Here’s a picture of me!
This is exactly how I looked all day yesterday, and most of today!
There was a temporary problem with my SSL certificate on the website. When I first called Go Daddy … they said it might take 20 minutes or so for them to get it resolved.
And so… hours later… apparently the problem with my website SSL certificate is really interesting and complicated, and now I have a TEAM at Go Daddy working on it… (“a top notch team of experts”) they said it could be as short as 5 minutes or as long as 72 hrs before it is fixed… and in the mean time there is nothing I can do… so …. aaarrrggghhhh… it was so annoying and stressful that I actually washed dishes and cleaned house!
This morning it still wasn’t fixed so I called Go Daddy again. Turns out none of their fixes were working and they had to call in the real expert, “The Developer,” who apparently was the only one who could fix it.
Because now it is fixed, the SSL certificate is working and all is well….
So, the hard drive in my lap top went south, and I lost a whole bunch of stuff I had collected to use on the various sites here at shirleytwofeathers.com. It was pretty traumatizing! Here’s the litany of loss:
- My collection of over 100 hilarious memes that I hadn’t had time to share on Meme City yet … gone.
- More than 60 coloring pages saved for the Coloring Pages … gone.
- I had so many cool animated gifs… so many… now gone.
- I had a very extensive collection of tiny icons that I use to make the templates for the mini sites … gone.
- The templates for all the current mini sites …. gone.
- The back up for the current static web pages … gone.
- Seamless backgrounds for templates and web pages … I did manage to save some of them, but most of them are gone.
- Collected information on mantras and meditation practices … gone.
- All the pictures and information I had saved for next years projects on The Prosperity Project … gone.
- My downloaded music … gone…. all of it… gone.
And then there’s the confusion factor. I did have a bunch of stuff saved from 2 years ago. But it wasn’t organized at all. Instead it was mixed in with stuff from 5 years ago… and beyond. So, it’s not simple anymore to know what images I’ve used and which ones I haven’t used… which tweaks my OCD in a major way because God Forbid !! I use the same picture on the same mini site twice!!
What does this all mean for the website?
Well, it means that I will have to painstakingly recreate each mini site template in order to update the sites for 2018… which means I will have to go on long exhausting searches for icons and background images… the same goes for the static web pages…. which means it will be a while before I get up the nerve and the energy to update any of them…. which means that I won’t be fixing the glitchy news feed banners anytime soon.
On a positive note!
So there is a very tiny … very slender … silver lining to all this. And that is… hmmmm…. and that is… wait, I’m thinking… something will come to me… I’m sure… Oh! OK!
On a positive note, I still do have a bunch of stuff on all my blogger blogs that need to be moved. I can still post like crazy on all the little mini sites. I did have a great reservoir of information saved over the years. And I have a library of books… and a brain… and my google search engine works just fine.
Also, interestingly… my bulging folder of cat stuff came through intact! How fun is that! I guess you could say it wasn’t a CATastrophe. LOL.
I had to take some drastic action due to the ridiculous amount of spam comments I suddenly started getting today. On The Prosperity Project, the count was up to 1286 comments … and the comments were coming in faster than I could delete them. I tried a couple of spam blockers, one of them temporarily broke the site… SIGH… so, just for now, the comments have been disabled completely. I need some time to figure out what to do, and how to handle it. Anyway… comments can be left on our facebook pages…
Here are the links:
Love to all, and bright blessings!
So now that I have most of my other issues taken care of, suddenly my super cool animated gifs don’t work? Really?
Because my other animated gifs work just fine…. this one, however… doesn’t?
And now this one doesn’t either?
Ok, so I’ll try something really really simple…
And of course, it works… Geez … I guess I’ll have to do some research… some cussing… some tearing out of hair… some cursing… some crying… maybe even a primal scream or two… and see if I can figure it out.
So, I’m exhausted from looking for a fix to my problem of images not showing up when I share something on Facebook. I can find the “reason” for the issue, but nothing that gives me any idea of “how to actually do it.” By the time I get this problem solved, I should be eligible for a Masters Degree in figuring out ways to solve problems on what should be a simple website but which is, of course, not simple at all because it’s buggy!
Having trouble getting Facebook to recognize photos that are part of the post. Very annoying, hopefully I can fix it today.
- Seriously? Really? So now that I have most of my other issues taken care o...
- Lots of New Stuff I have been super busy adding more cool stuff. I ha...
- A Small Adjustment I have added a drop down menu to the nav bar at the...
- Two Steps Forward…. When you take two steps forward and only 1 step bac...
- Plumbing Issues Well, my super cool and fun Ask The Plumber page quit w...
- Making Magic Happen I have been working really hard behind the scenes getti...
- Going Deep We've got a new project going on over at The Prospe...
- My Personal Blog Up and Running I've got something new, and it's ready to be seen!...
- Not Enough So, either there are not enough hours in my day, no...
- Something New! The Spirituality page has been upgraded and we now...