So, the hard drive in my lap top went south, and I lost a whole bunch of stuff I had collected to use on the various sites here at shirleytwofeathers.com. It was pretty traumatizing! Here’s the litany of loss:
- My collection of over 100 hilarious memes that I hadn’t had time to share on Meme City yet … gone.
- More than 60 coloring pages saved for the Coloring Pages … gone.
- I had so many cool animated gifs… so many… now gone.
- I had a very extensive collection of tiny icons that I use to make the templates for the mini sites … gone.
- The templates for all the current mini sites …. gone.
- The back up for the current static web pages … gone.
- Seamless backgrounds for templates and web pages … I did manage to save some of them, but most of them are gone.
- Collected information on mantras and meditation practices … gone.
- All the pictures and information I had saved for next years projects on The Prosperity Project … gone.
- My downloaded music … gone…. all of it… gone.
And then there’s the confusion factor. I did have a bunch of stuff saved from 2 years ago. But it wasn’t organized at all. Instead it was mixed in with stuff from 5 years ago… and beyond. So, it’s not simple anymore to know what images I’ve used and which ones I haven’t used… which tweaks my OCD in a major way because God Forbid !! I use the same picture on the same mini site twice!!
What does this all mean for the website?
Well, it means that I will have to painstakingly recreate each mini site template in order to update the sites for 2018… which means I will have to go on long exhausting searches for icons and background images… the same goes for the static web pages…. which means it will be a while before I get up the nerve and the energy to update any of them…. which means that I won’t be fixing the glitchy news feed banners anytime soon.
On a positive note!
So there is a very tiny … very slender … silver lining to all this. And that is… hmmmm…. and that is… wait, I’m thinking… something will come to me… I’m sure… Oh! OK!
On a positive note, I still do have a bunch of stuff on all my blogger blogs that need to be moved. I can still post like crazy on all the little mini sites. I did have a great reservoir of information saved over the years. And I have a library of books… and a brain… and my google search engine works just fine.
Also, interestingly… my bulging folder of cat stuff came through intact! How fun is that! I guess you could say it wasn’t a CATastrophe. LOL.
We have three new mini sites up and running. How fun is that?
Over on the Fun Stuff pages, we have It’s A Cat Astrophe. Cats are what the internet was made for, don’t you know? So Come on over for lots of feline fun. It has memes, art, funny and cute pictures, stories, lore and lots of other cool stuff. Enjoy!
In the Healing Outside the Box section, we have Alternative Therapies. It’s an eclectic collection of different healing modalities and techniques. It might be worth checking out, who knows, you might find something interesting and useful!
No major problems, no big updates, just a short note to say that things are perking along pretty smoothly. As usual, the Magick and Mystery sites are getting a lot of traffic, and I work hard to continue to add new content there. The Healing Pages are not getting as much attention as I would like to give them, I have added some new content, and I have so much more that I haven’t had time to upload… sigh.
The Inspirational Pages are coming along. I did add a bunch of quotes to Way Cool Quotes, and The Prosperity Project is getting ready for another 30 days beginning on Nov 15. I did add some memes and some pictures to the Fun Pages, trying to stay caught up with Halloween.
I hope I get some thanksgiving pics and memes uploaded pretty soon. The rest of the pages are just waiting for me to have more hours in the day, more days in the week, and more energy and brain power… So. Enjoy the site. I hope you find something interesting and informative!
I feel like I’m always “in the weeds.” Never enough time in the day… never enough days off… Halloween is coming, and then Thanksgiving and Christmas, and a whole new year!
Some of the little mini sites haven’t had updates for several months… sigh… and I haven’t felt compelled to stay up until 3 am working on them because they aren’t getting much traffic anyway. It’s a catch 22. The sites that get a lot of traffic also get a lot of attention from me… which brings in more traffic. The sites that don’t get many page views per day, also don’t get many updates from me… which gives even less of a reason to visit them.
So, that’s the latest news update.
We have been working behind the scenes to migrate shirleytwofeathers.com to an updated hosting platform. Once all the busy work is complete, we will be a secure site. Naturally, this has not been easy. Apparently, this site is unusual and complicated and Go Daddy technicians have had to do the migration manually.
The SSL certificate has been approved and applied, but everything isn’t quite done yet because now there is a doppelganger site. one with the https and one without. Also, I have to reconfigure all my FTP settings, and possibly redo some of the feeds… not sure about that yet. So it will be a little while before I can calm down.
Also, I have been unable to get new themes to upload to the various little mini sites that I have been working on this week. I went on theme-a-thon and made a bunch of new ones and was all ready to add several new websites… but ALAS.. they will not upload and I don’t know if it’s because it’s a secure server now… or if it’s some other reason. So… I am freaking out a little bit. LOL.
Hopefully soon all the kinks will be ironed out and it will be business as usual.
I have added a drop down menu to the nav bar at the top of all the main pages. It’s just a small tweak, I know, and I think it makes everything easier to find. So, now I am really feeling antsy about getting all the main areas up and running. There is so much good stuff, and I just can’t get it uploaded fast enough… sigh.
The site map has been updated. How cool is that? I wish I knew how to configure something that would automatically add the pages, category links and sites for me, but for now, it’s all done manually so that’s why it’s always a bit behind the times. I can’t keep up with myself! LOL!
So, either there are not enough hours in my day, not enough days off in my week, or not enough of me to go around. I have been working so hard on the website. It probably adds up to more than a 40 hr week, and I’m still not anywhere near to catching up with myself!
Between the Prosperity Project and the Magick and Mystery mini-sites … well … talk about biting off more than I can chew!! I spent all day today working on getting ahead of the Project posts so that tomorrow I can maybe get the March Pagan Calendar under control.
So, to those of you who are wanting to see more going on in the Inspiration and Insight section, Healing Outside the Box, or the Fun Stuff pages … I’m getting there. I really am. I’ve even gotten a little bit of a start on the Spirituality mini-sites.
Anyway… I’m just checking in to say that yes, eventually every single spot on this website will be filled with totally cool content. Every single unfinished page will be finished.
Wowsers! I had hoped that by this time I would have the site map completely updated, plenty of new content on all the little mini sites, the Pagan Calendar loaded for January with a good start on February, The Prosperity Project ready for a mega upload of old content from the original blog, and ….
That has not happened.
I think I must have been way too ambitious in my goal setting, because I have had plenty of time off work due to nasty weather, and I have been working my fingers to the bone uploading all kinds of new content. One memorable day I think I put up more than 30 new posts! That’s ALOT!
And yet, I feel like I’m just treading water trying to keep up with it all. So this is what I have accomplished so far:
- About half of the sites are updated on the site map and have at least some new content.
- The Violet Flame experiment at The Prosperity Project is coming along nicely – we’re half way through our first project in 5 years, and inspite of a daily influx of spam comments, all is well there.
- I’ve been keeping maybe 1 or 2 days ahead of the Pagan Calendar… Geez… those pagans celebrate something every day… sometimes several things in one day…
- I posted everything there was to post about my journey with The Lord of the Rings on Hey It’s Me. Some of it is personal, some of it is dumb, and some of it is interesting… take a look if you’re interested.
- I got 2 new herbs up at the Encyclopedia of Herbology. And that was a big accomplishment because I research like crazy in an attempt to get EVERYTHING there is to know about each herb posted, and at the same time I post recipes and cures on the other two related sites.
So… that’s what’s been going on behind the scenes. Thanks for reading this. I do hope you enjoy your visit to my little pocket of madness on the world wide web.
Wow. Now that the Holiday Hooha is finally over, I’m working on getting the Site Map updated. And of course, I can’t just update the site map, I also have to update each mini site with new content first. In my defense, I wanted to start the year out with something new on each of my little sites. I think I’m up to 25 of them now, and some of them have had a tendency to fall through the cracks.
Things are really hopping over at The Prosperity Project. We are starting off the year with The Violet Flame, and it’s not to late to join in if it sounds interesting. I’ve also been putting a lot of time in on The Pagan Calendar… Geez… those pagans really know how to celebrate. I think there is a holiday every day of the year, and sometimes 3 or 4 on the same day. Once I get caught up with January… well… if I get caught up with January, February will be hot on my heels.
I am hoping that once I get the Site Map done, (and the January pagan holidays done), that I’ll be able to get working on some new sites. I’m not sure if I will do the Spirituality section next, or maybe the More Cool Pages… possibly the Art? I have no idea how I will keep up with everything … but… now that we’re doing the Violet Flame… I do know this:
I AM a being of Violet Fire
I AM the action the Gods Desire
I AM that I AM that I AM that I AM
- Seriously? Really? So now that I have most of my other issues taken care o...
- Lots of New Stuff I have been super busy adding more cool stuff. I ha...
- Two Steps Forward…. When you take two steps forward and only 1 step bac...
- A Small Adjustment I have added a drop down menu to the nav bar at the...
- Plumbing Issues Well, my super cool and fun Ask The Plumber page quit w...
- Making Magic Happen I have been working really hard behind the scenes getti...
- Going Deep We've got a new project going on over at The Prospe...
- My Personal Blog Up and Running I've got something new, and it's ready to be seen!...
- Not Enough So, either there are not enough hours in my day, no...
- Something New! The Spirituality page has been upgraded and we now...