So I fell down the Rabbit Hole today… big time! I decided to post something simple. LOL! And it got complicated really fast. Here’s what happened:
I thumbed through my herb book for a quick and easy herb and right away found something short and sweet about Arborvitae… which after about 15 minutes of research… turned into a much longer and very confusing journey. Here are the highlights:
- Eastern Red Cedar and Western Red Cedar are two completely different species.
- Arborvitae, is also Thuga.
- Or it could simply be called Yellow Cedar
- But it isn’t really a “Cedar”
- Western Red Cedar is a Juniper that is completely different from the OTHER Juniper
- No wait… they are almost the same.
- Plus, in the category of “Cedar” and “Juniper” there are a bunch of other trees that may or may not have the same medicinal or magickal qualities.
Like I said… confusing. I am however starting to make sense of it, and by the time the day is done, I will have a bunch of posts I think. Here’s the first one:
More is on the way. Trust me, I have so many tabs open on my laptop that I can’t even believe it! And here we go:
- Thuja aka Arborvitae
- Eastern Red Cedar
- Tarot Of Trees Incense with Juniper Berry
- Red Cedar Magick and Lore
- Arborvitae Magick and Lore
Which also means that the following pages have been newly updated:
Ok.. that took all day and now I’m done. I hope you find something you enjoy.
I started off planning to post something really awesome and instructional, and for some reason, ended up starting off with cute and sweet:
- Stop And Smell The Flowers
- A Polar Bear In The Flowers
- Puppies Wearing Flower Hats
- Cute Kids Posing For Dad
- Lovin’ Our Treats
Finally I had enough of that, and moved on to something weird and possibly controversial:
And after Mark Bryan’s portraits of Donald Trump, I needed to see something that was just plain funny, so I added a bunch of silly new memes to Meme City.
- I Love You
- Crossing Stories
- Like A Boss
- Apparently A Wild Penis…
- For Deer Hunting…
- Wearing Matching Outfits
- That Blank Look
- Whoops !!!
- And Just Like That…
- There’s no reason…
Okay… now it’s finally time to stop goofing off and do something a little more useful and serious. But that’s going to take a while, so I will update when I have something finished. In the mean time, enjoy!
And now I’m done! At least for the day.
Yesterday I posted a bunch of “how-to” stuff over at the Encyclopedia of Herbology. Today, my goal was to post a lot of herbal remedies along with in depth profiles of some of my favorite herbs. So far… I have 2 posts completed:
- Ground Ivy – more than you ever wanted to know about this nifty little common plant.
- Ground Ivy Magick – how to use that nifty little plant in magick.
Now I’m feeling pretty much done for, so this is probably it for today. Have fun reading all about Ground Ivy. It grows like crazy around here, and is one of my favorite little ground covers.
For Mother’s Day, I got myself book on Herbal Medicine for Beginners. I really like it, and it has rekindled a desire to learn more about herbal medicine, herbology, and herbs in general. So, I thought today would be a good day to work on the The Encyclopedia of Herbology.
Here’s what I have so far:
- Safety Precautions and Best Practices
- How To Make An Infusion
- How To Make A Decoction
- How To Make Herbal Steams
- Preparing An Herbal Bath or Soak
- Preparing Poultices and Compresses
- How To Make Tinctures
- Making Herb-Infused Vinegars
- Making Herb-Infused Honey
- Making An Herbal Syrup
- Making Oxymels and Elixirs
- Making Herb-Infused Oils
- How To Make A Liniment
- How To Make A Salve
- How To Make A Healing Lotion
- Making Honey Powder Pastes
Oh my, that’s a lot of information! I can’t wait to get started.
So, I woke up this morning with the idea that I should clear my phone out and post all the pics and info I have been collecting while sitting on my couch doing almost nothing else during this quarantine… even though I could have been using all this wonderful free time to get make art, get organized, catch up on the Pagan Calendar, learn a new skill, read a bunch of books, do a bunch of magick… all those things that I didn’t do because what I was doing was mindlessly surfing Facebook and google and snagging pictures and stuff that I thought was cute, or funny, or interesting.
Anyway. I turned on my laptop, and today is the day. Beginning first with It’s A CatAstrophe:
Moving on to Way Cool Pictures with a series of posts that are either cute and adorable, really beautiful, or just plain fun:
- Moms and Their Babies
- Book Ideas
- Colorful Pow Wow Dancers
- Creative Container Gardens
- One Cute Squirrel
- A Hoard of Dragon Hoards
- A Lovely Bird Bath
- Silly Quarantine Signs From El Arroyo
- A Cutie In The Tulips
But then of course things begin to get a little darker, and more interesting, so over at More Cool Pictures, we have these:
- Crocheted and Curvy
- Cthulhu Lives
- Psychedelic Alien Fun
- A Young Reaper
- The Stuff Of Nightmares
- 2020 – It’s A Wild Ride
And after that, I felt the need to check in at Hey It’s Me, and say something personal… which spiraled into:
Of course we are all stressed out right now. These are hard times. So I got busy and am working on a series of posts from a cool book called Instant Healing, by Serge Kahili King. The first section that I just finished up this morning is about stress and tension and his idea that this is where disease and illness originates.
Here are links to each of the finished articles posted over at Alternative Therapies:
- The Stress Factor
- The Emotional Stress Factor
- The Mental Stress Factor
- The Physical Stress Factor
- The Spiritual Stress Factor
And then, I needed to blow off some steam and release some stress… so I uploaded some fun and creepy Lovecraftian Cthulhu images to More Cool Pictures… because… well… when I see them I think it’s the perfect metaphor for the Coronavirus Pandemic we are all in the midst of.
- Check them out here: Cthulhu Reigns Supreme
In an effort to try to find my way into a smooth rhythm of posting cool and interesting stuff here on shirleytwofeathers.com, I have had to wade through a certain amount of bullshit. You might like some of it… or be amused by it… I don’t know… but here’s the list so far:
- On Hey It’s Me, we have this short commentary: Apocalypse Now! Actually!
- Over at More Cool Pictures, there is something Creepy Disturbing and Weird
And then I thought I’d put some stuff up about healing because… well… pandemic! So here’s that list:
Not much yet, but I hope to add to this list as the day progresses.
Today was an interesting journey. I started off with a small story about playing cards on Toward The One. And then when I was looking for a picture to illustrate it with, I stumbled into Ganjapa cards, Orissa art, and now I’m about ready to join the card game shown above. 🙂
On Mandala Madness we have:
- Ganjapa Playing Cards Gallery– a small gallery of my favorite ones
- About The Ganjapa Playing Cards – an informational post
- About the Orissa Art Tradition – another informational post
- Traditional Orissa Mandala Art – a small gallery of mandalas
And the one that started it all:
I have been reading Sufi stories and poetry every morning as part of my ambitious New Years resolution to get my shit together, and as a result, I have also been uploading lots of fun stuff to the Toward The One mini site. Here’s a list of what I’ve posted recently:
- The Three Fish
- On Gambling
- Love’s Confusing Joy
- In A Boat
- A Smuggling Story
- Osho Talks About Sufism
- This Is The Way
- Notes On The Tavern
- Wandering Around
- A Soapy Story
- Be A Full Bucket
- I Circle Your Nest
- Something Circling Inside
- You Can’t Be Alive
- Half and Half
- No Tigers Here
- The Perfect Wife
Some of these stories and poems are inspiring and beautiful, and some of them are silly and funny. I hope you find something that lightens your day.
Today, I started with the idea of updating the Pagan Calendar, which really really needs to be done, but then I found that I had other things I wanted to talk about first.
Over at Toward The One we have:
On the Book of Shadows I posted:
By the way, that image is part of my Psychedelic Dreams project. If you like it, you can find that pic and other similar ones in my Redbubble Shop. Here’s a link: Magick Mama
- Seriously? Really? So now that I have most of my other issues taken care o...
- Lots of New Stuff I have been super busy adding more cool stuff. I ha...
- A Small Adjustment I have added a drop down menu to the nav bar at the...
- Two Steps Forward.... When you take two steps forward and only 1 step bac...
- Plumbing Issues Well, my super cool and fun Ask The Plumber page quit w...
- Making Magic Happen I have been working really hard behind the scenes getti...
- Going Deep We've got a new project going on over at The Prospe...
- My Personal Blog Up and Running I've got something new, and it's ready to be seen!...
- Animated Gifs Are Fixed So, I'm working on The Powers That Be, and writing a po...
- Not Enough So, either there are not enough hours in my day, no...