- Magickal Purpose: Gain strength and become more connected to the earth.
- Magickal Uses: Centering, grounding, building, study, house and home, the accumulation of money and material things, healing plants and animals, finding lost items, gardening and decision-making.
The color brown is used in magick to gain strength and become more connected to the earth. Brown autumn leaves placed upon an altar will enable greater endurance and protection during the winter months. Burning brown candles normally separates individuals, but in Pennsylvania hex magick, the color is used to promote serious relationships between men and women. It is the color of deep abiding and committed love.
Brown is a female color. It is the color of the Earth’s energy, grounding, exercise, organization, solidity, the soil, practicality, solitude and honesty. Brown combines the prosperity of green with the intellect of yellow. Brown is used in magick primarily for centering, grounding, building, study, house and home, the accumulation of money and material things, healing plants and animals, finding lost items, gardening and decision-making.
The color brown is indicated for rituals of material increase, justice and retribution. This color eliminates indecisiveness; improves powers of concentration, study, telepathy; increases financial success; and locates objects that have been lost. Brown is also a good color for animal healing.
Here are the magickal correspondences for the color brown:
- Element: Earth
- Direction: North
- Chakra: Feet, Foot Chakras
- Planets: Earth
- Mondays/Mondays – Tan Browns
- Friday/Venus – All Browns
- Saturday/Saturn – Dark Browns
- Number: 2 and 3
- Magickal tools: Wand, Salt and Goblet
- Scent/Essential Oil: Birch, Cherry, Cloves Lilac, Rosemary, Orange Blossom, Bergamot, Comfrey, Linden, Patchouli and Myrrh.
- Plant/Herb: Corn, Tansy, Ginseng, Willow, Lily, Ivy, Grains, Oats, Mushrooms, Orange Tree, Almond, Begonia, Daisy, Brown includes all of the aspects of yellow and green.
- Animal: Toads, Cowbird, Faeries, Dog, Ostrich, Gnomes, Wolf, Bison, Elves, Pigeon, Horse, Deer,Pelican, Turkey, Woodpecker, Ants, Snake Pheasant, Beaver, Goat, Moose Cow and Bull.
- Minerals/Stones: Petrified Wood, Rock Crystal, Smokey Quartz, Amber, some Tiger Eye, Sandstone, Granite, Pumice, and Turquoise.
- Tarot Cards: the four Pages and the four Tens.
One Response to Brown in Magick
Leave a Reply
- Herbs by Gender by shirleytwofeathers - 4 Comments
- Purple Loosestrife Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- Bean Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- Heather Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- Magickal Uses of Mud Dauber Dirt by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments