- Magickal Purpose: Emotion, healing, mental, calming, tranquility, sleep, peace, loyalty, good will, purifying and protection, hope, sincerity, truth and patience, Poet or Bard, communication mental, written and oral skills Sleep, twilight
- Magickal Uses: Water magick. Balance, healing, peace and patience, communications, health friendships, dreams, sleep, inspiration, harmony in the home, meditations. Since it is traditional to surround your magickal circle with candles representing each of the four directions, and since blue is the color of water (west) and sky (east), use a blue candle to represent either of these quarters.
Sensitivity, intellect, protection, calmness, benevolence, and wisdom are all invoked through the color blue. Eat blue foods, like blueberries, or blue corn, to alleviate stress. Burn blue candles to get out of harm’s way or bring a judgment in your favor. Visualize the color blue while taking a test, at it increases mental activity and relaxes and opens brain centers. Blue is a primary spiritual color; use it in rituals to obtain harmony, inner light, or peace. Blue is also a healing color and confers truth and guidance.
Variations of the color blue and their attributes:
- Royal Blue: Healing, Promotes laughter and joviality; loyalty; use to attract Jupiter energy, or whenever an influence needs to be increased.
- Light Blue: Healing, Spiritual color; helpful in devotional or inspirational meditations; brings peace and tranquility to the home; radiates Aquarius energy; employ where a situation must be synthesized.
- Dark blue: Healing, Spells for creativity, peace and communication. Also for deep meditation and karma work.
Here are the magickal correspondences for the color blue:
- Element: Water
- Direction: West
- Chakra: Fifth, Throat Chakra
- Planets: Jupiter, Neptune, Mercury, Moon
- Monday/Moon, Light Blues – peace, patience;
- Wednesday/Mercury, Blues – friendships, creativity, dreams;
- Thursday/Jupiter, Royal Blue – honor, happiness;
- Saturday/Saturn, Dark Blues – communication
- Number: 3
- Magickal Tools: Wand, Cauldron, Chalice
- Scent/Essential Oils: Lily of the Valley, Honeysuckle, Cedar, Basil, Jasmine, Sweetpea, Lotus
- Plant/Herbs: Carnation, Honeysuckle, Orange, Heather, Cypress, Hazel, Oak Moss, Mallow, Aloe Vera, Buttercup(communication), Daffodil and Baby’s Breath
- Tree/Wood: Cedar
- Animal: Dolphin, Whale, Mermaid, BlueJay, Gull, Giraffe, Robin, Deer, Ass, Clam, Lizard and the Frog
- Combinations: Use blue, black, and white together for change and easy transition
- Minerals/Stones: Azurite, Turquoise, Coral, Blue, Opal, Tanzanite, Sapphire, Chrysacola, Hematite, Sodalite, Blue Lace Agate, Lapis Lazuli (children), Aguamarine, Sapphire.
- Tarot Cards: The Heirophant, Cups
- Gods: Apollo, Asclepius, Bannick, Ceadda, Dabog, Dianceht, Esculapius, Forseti, Gucumatz, Hastehogan Lares, Kuan Ti, Penates, Tien Kuan
- Goddess: Alcyone, Aphrodite, Artemis, Bannick, Brigid, Cardea, Concordia, Dugnia, Eir, Gula, Harmonia, Hestia, Hygenia, Karusepas, Kedesh,Kikimora, Kwan Yin, Liban, Meditrina, Neith, Pax, Rhiannon, Salus, Vesta
- The Personality: Sensitivity, introspection, communication .This person has the sensitivity of a poet or an artist. Loves family and home. Is loyal, conscientious and observant. Also, may be a little more psychic than he/she believes themselves to be.
Leave a Reply
- Animal Symbols and Archetypes by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Sun Storm and Solar Flare Magick by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Sunstone Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Sunflower Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Solar Eclipses by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Herbs by Gender by shirleytwofeathers - 4 Comments
- Purple Loosestrife Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- Bean Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- Heather Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- Magickal Uses of Mud Dauber Dirt by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments