- Latin Name: Calendula officinalis
- Planet: Sun
- Element: Fire
- Part Used: Fresh flowers
- Magickal Influences: Health, Psychic dreams, Comfort
The calendula flower is often associated with the month of October. This flower’s name stems from the Latin calends, the word denoting the first day of each month (and the origin of the English “calendar”). It was so called because the yellow and orange flowers were said to be in bloom on every calends throughout the year in ancient Rome.
This flower is often confused with the Mexican marigold Tagetes. There is a resemblance, but the two flowers have vastly different energies.
The calendula, prized in medicinal herbalism, also has magickal aromatherapy applications. The scent of the flowers strengthens and maintains health. At one time in the past, fresh calendula blossoms were sniffed to sharpen the eyesight. This was probably pure sympathetic magick, for the flowers resemble eyes.
Sniff the aroma of calendula at night just before going to bed to produce psychic dreams. For centuries, the blooms have been sniffed to comfort the weary and distressed.
From: Magical Aromatherapy
One Response to Calendula Magick
Leave a Reply
- Animal Symbols and Archetypes by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Sun Storm and Solar Flare Magick by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Sunstone Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Sunflower Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Solar Eclipses by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment