- Magickal Purpose: Intellect, Thought, Mental Analysis, Sun, Sunlight, Memory and Creativity
- Magickal Uses: Concentration, creativity, learning, intellectual, knowledge, understanding, astral projection, telepathy, mental abilities, thoughts.
The color gold promotes understanding. Use it in rituals to enhance energy, power and vitality, and to bring success and luck. Gold is also effective in rituals needing solar energy or the power of the sun. Modern day alchemists ingest liquid gold, or aurum, with the belief that it will lengthen the life span and reveal secret wisdom. It is available as a tincture in homeopathic stores. Choose the color gold as an altar cloth or candle to bring prosperity. Wear gold for protection, power, and to draw positive energy.
Here are the magickal correspondences for the color gold:
- Element: Air
- Direction: East
- Chakra: Solar Plexus
- Planet: Sun
- Days: Sunday- Mental Action , Wednesday – Physical Action
- Number: 2
- Magickal Tools: Wand, Sword
- Magickal Forms: metal, candle, cloth, glitter, foil
- Scent/Essential Oil: Lemon, Frankincense, Bay, Patchouli, Marigold, Lavender, Laurel, Cinnamon Orange Blossoms, Musk, Vanilla, Cloves.
- Plant/Herb: Laurel, Vine, Ash, Rue Marigold, St. Johns Wort, Centaury, Chamomile, Mistletoe, Saffron, Begonia, Geranium, Morning Glory, Snapdragon, Daffodil, Rosemary, Sunflower and Daisy.
- Tree/Wood: Ash, Willow
- Animal: Phoenix, Snake, Beetle, Dragonfly, Meadowlark, Chameleon, Antelope, Snake, Crow, Bobcat, Goat, Lion, Mouse, Gull, Sea Lion, Parrot and Oriole.
- Mineral/stone: Topaz, Yellow Diamond, Pyrite Yellow Jacinth,Rutilated Quartz, Clear Quartz, Chrysolite, Goldstone, Citrine, some Tiger Eye, Carnelian, Amber.
- Tarot Cards: Knights, Sixes.
- Gods: Amun Ra, Apollo, Baldur, Bochica, Bragi, Da-bog, Dyaus, Helios, Hyperion, Maui, Mithras, Odin, Ogmios, Ptah,Surya, Tvashtri, Veveteotl, Wayland
- Goddess: Anaterasu, Artemis Calliste, Athena, Aya, Asva, Bast, Brighid, Eos, Hsi-Ho, Igaehindvo, llmater, Maya, Minerva, Muses, Namagiri, Phoebe, Sul, Sunna, Sunniva, Surya,
- Personality: Intellectual, learned, introvert, creative, imaginative
The further South you travel the hotter it gets – on this side of the Equator, at least. For this reason the Southern Wind is a hot, fiery one.
Symbolically it rules noon, when the Sun (or Moon) is highest in the sky, the time of the greatest light and heat. Because the South Wind is related to the element of Fire, its magic covers the same ground. The South Wind, however, can be used for any type of magic when it’s blowing. It’s a good time to cast spells.
Since this wind is strong and hot, spells performed with it are assured an extra jolt of power. It is always exciting and interesting working with the South Wind!
Be warned, however, that fire – even the diluted Fire of the Southern Wind – can be dangerous. As we know, Fire can burn.
The color of the South Wind is yellow – the yellow of the Sun at noon.
From: Earth Power