This isn’t really “magick” in the strictest sense of the word but if you don’t have a Compass to know which direction is North so you can set up your altar, here’s how to make one:
You will need
- A glass or bowl of water
- A magnet
- A steel needle
- A small torn square of paper (torn is best)
Rub the needle tip on the magnet for a few minutes. Test it by seeing if it sticks to something else that’s metal. When the needle has magnetized, set it aside. Lightly and gently lay the little square of paper in the middle of the water. Ever so gently set the needle on the paper, positioning the needle centered on the paper. Gently, move the needle and paper, which should be floating, around in a circle.
Stop and see what direction the needle tip points. Do this a few more times. If the needle point always points back to the same place ~ that’s North!!! If you think you might forget, place something special on the North corner/side of the room so you will remember. It might be a good place to position your Magical Storage Cabinet. Better yet set up your permanent Altar on your East wall. By the way, when facing North, East is on your Right!!
From: Elemental Magick
Leave a Reply
- Make a Magickal Needle Compass by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Heather Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Correspondences for Litha by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Purple Loosestrife Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- The Cat as a Magickal Ingredient by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment