- Ruler: Elegua, Ganesh, Squat
- Type: Food
- Magickal Properties: Offerings to remove obstacles, appease hungry ghosts, sweeten the path.
The concept of “trick or treat” is based on the idea of appeasing ghosts and spirits with candies and sweets. Chocolate, sugar, candy, honey and other natural sweets have always been associated with love and can work wonders in love magick.
Specific sweets make quite an impression on certain deities. Ellegua or Legba, the Yoruban god of the crossroads, loves striped peppermints, caramels, and coconut or rum flavored candies. Leave them in multiples of three in a crossroads and ask him to clear your path of obstacles.
The Hindu god Ganesh, remover of obstacles, is fond of old fashioned milk candies and will remove blocks in exchange for them. This is best accomplished with a small altar, and the daily recitation of his mantra. “Om Gum Ganapataye Namaha,” to go along with the offerings.
The modern urban goddess Squat rules parking spaces. She’ll get you a legal one if you chant, “Squat, Squat please give me a spot,” but she expects to be rewarded with a piece of chocolate left at the curbside front wheel. Without this sweet offering she may send a tow truck after your car.
Candy can also be left in graveyards when appealing to the spirits of the dead for aid, left on the doorstep of a business when applying for a job to “sweeten the proposal,” or placed in a bowl in the lobby of a business to attract happy customers.
Candy can also be charged with a specific intent and then eaten to internalize the magick. The basic method is rather simple. First, gather the candy that you want to use for your spells. Place them on your altar. Now relax and visualize. Imagine the energy associated with your spell going into the appropriate candy.
- For example:
If you have a piece of pineapple flavored candy that you wanted to use in a money spell for a raise in your allowance, visualize “money energy” filling up that piece of candy. Visualize yourself as having the extra money you needed. How will you feel? What will you do? imagine all these images filling up your pineapple candy.
Once you have your candy charged, simply wait until you feel that you need to release the magick. When that time comes, pop the charged piece of candy in your mouth. Savor the taste of the candy as you visualize releasing the energy into the universe to fulfill your intent. You’ll be casting powerful spells, and all anyone will notice is someone enjoying a piece of candy!
Different flavors of candy have a variety of magickal influences:
- Apple: love, healing
- Banana: prosperity
- Blueberry: Protection
- Cherry: Divination
- Chocolate: Intuition
- Clove: Protection and love
- Coconut: Protection
- Coffee: success, energy
- Grape: mental powers and money
- Horehound: (cough drops) mental ability
- Lemon: purification, friendships, longevity
- Licorice: love, fidelity
- Marshmallow: health, love, protection
- Mints: learning and memory
- Orange: love, money, divination
- Pineapple: luck, money
- Raspberry: love, protection
- Watermelon: health, psychic ability.
Making a candy good luck charm:
Light a candle, and put the candies in a pile. Make a triangle with your index finger and thumb of both hands, and them in a deosil (clockwise) direction over the candies while chanting:
Charmed are these candy treats.
Good fortune to all I merry meet!
Then give out the candies to friends and family and three people you don’t know.
A very simple alternative is as follows:
Put the candy in your hand and point at it with your index finger while you say: “Ordinary candy turn into lucky candy.” Then devour it.
Peppermint Candy Healing Charm
To empower your child to heal her own minor complaint such as a headache or tummy ache, give her a peppermint. Have her hold it in both hands and imagine that it’s filled with very bright, golden white light like the sun. Explain that this light has healing properties and knows exactly what to do to help her feel better. Then instruct her to let the candy dissolve in her mouth, describing how her body will absorb the healing light along with the candy.
Collected from various sources
Leave a Reply
- Animal Symbols and Archetypes by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Sun Storm and Solar Flare Magick by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Sunstone Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Sunflower Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Solar Eclipses by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Herbs by Gender by shirleytwofeathers - 4 Comments
- Purple Loosestrife Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- Heather Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- Magickal Uses of Mud Dauber Dirt by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- Correspondences for January by shirleytwofeathers - 2 Comments