The West Wind is that which blows cool and moist; it may carry a hint of rain or mist as it washes over the land. It is a fertile, loving force which is gentle and persuasive.
It symbolically rules twilight, when all is at a standstill; day and night merge into a magical landscape of muted colors and cool breezes. Sunset, like sunrise, is an excellent time to perform magic – more so if the correct Wind is blowing.
Water magic – love, healing, fertility and so on – is excellent for the West Wind, as it adds its own forces and energies from that quarter. Especially excellent for spells involving cleansing or purely religious rituals, the West Wind is welcome relief after the dry, hot breeze from the South.
The West Wind is the blue of the sky just before all light fades from the sky.
From: Earth Power
Leave a Reply
- Heather Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Correspondences for Litha by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Purple Loosestrife Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- The Cat as a Magickal Ingredient by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Boneset Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment