- Ruler: Fertility Goddesses, Moon
- Type: Food
Eggs, obviously are representative of fertility. They also make great psychic cleansers, as they absorb negative energy. Crushed and pulverized eggshells can be used as chalk to draw magickal seals. Eggshells are also added to incense blends to remove jinxes.
Here are some common uses for eggs in magick:
- Eat a whole salted hard-boiled egg on the new moon for rejuvenation and rebirth.
- To cleanse a house of bad energy place nine whole raw eggs around the home. After nine days, remove the eggs and dispose of them.
- For uncrossing, roll an uncooked hen’s egg over the body to collect negative energy and bad vibes. Discard by throwing into a crossroads or at a tree.
Eggs from a black hen are used in many Hoodoo and Root Magic Spells. For this reason, the musician Blind Willie McTell relates in an old blues song that his mother told him, “Don’t drink no black cow’s milk; don’t eat no black hen’s egg.”
Spells and magick using eggs can be found here: Book of Shadows – Eggs
Leave a Reply
- reyna: Tiwaz Rune Magick
- Azra: Hyssop Magick and Lore
- MoonShyne: Purple Loosestrife Magick and Lore
- Anne lunch: Night-Life-oil-on-panel-painted-by-Carla-Strozzieri
- Vicky Rowden: Holly Magick and Lore