Candle magick is based on the same principle as that of color therapy. Different colors have different frequencies which, in turn, have different effects on the human psyche. We can use these effects in a positive manner to enhance our mind power. Likewise, some candles are also fragrant and the different fragrances can also reflect differently on one’s feelings and emotions. Therefore, through candle magick, practitioners can make use of varying fragrances and colors of candles to create different effects for their clients.
According to the science of candle magick, specific candles may be used on specific days of the week, since these colors are also associated with the different Planets. Thus:
- Sunday– Gold or yellow candles
- Monday– Silver, Grey or White
- Tuesday– Red
- Wednesday– Purple
- Thursday– Blue
- Friday– Green
- Saturday– Black or Purple
Candle magick therapists also recommend specific colored candles for addressing different illnesses. In brief, these are:
- Allergies– Violet
- Anxiety– Rose
- Colds– Green/violet
- Depression– Orange/Indigo/Rose
- Insomnia– Blue
- Indigestion– Yellow
- Fever– Blue
- Headaches– Green/blue
- Diabetes– Yellow
Here are the meanings of different candle colors in general:
- White– Destruction of negative energy, peace, truth and purity
- Purple– Spiritual awareness, wisdom, tranquility
- Lavender– Intuition, Paranormal, Peace, Healing
- Blue and Deep Blue– Meditation, Healing, Forgiveness, Inspiration, Fidelity, Happiness, and opening lines of Communication.
- Green– Money, Fertility, Luck, Abundance, Health (not to be used when diagnosed with Cancer), Success
- Rose and Pink– Positive self love, friendship, harmony, joy
- Yellow– Realizing and manifesting thoughts, confidence, bringing plans into action, creativity, intelligence, mental clarity, clairvoyance.
- Orange– Joy, energy, education, strength attraction, stimulation
- Red or Deep Red– Passion, energy, love, lust, relationships, sex, vitality, courage.
- Black– Protection, absorption and destruction of negative energy and also repelling negative energy from others
- Silver– Goddess or feminine energy, remove negativity, psychic development
- Gold– Male energy, Solar energy, fortune, spiritual attainment,
Candle magick practitioners often recommend writing names, dates, birth dates and certain symbols on the candle (or its enclosing glass) to reaffirm one’s intentions. Additionally, the candles must be anointed in oil and you can use simple Olive oil or specific essential oils to dress the candle and increase their effectiveness.
Based upon the intentions or reasons why you are using candle colors based on their specific meanings, you will require taking a bath or cleansing the mind through meditation. The dressing of the candle is itself a ritual where you must completely focus on the intention while rubbing the oil on the wax of the candle.
Source: Color Meanings
2 Responses to Candle Magick and Color
Leave a Reply
- The Magick and Lore of Juniper by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Arborvitae Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Red Cedar Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Angelica Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Horseradish Magick by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Herbs by Gender by shirleytwofeathers - 4 Comments
- Purple Loosestrife Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- Bean Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- Heather Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- Magickal Uses of Mud Dauber Dirt by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments