The name is said to be derived either from the fact that its whitish, blue-green color gives it the appearance of smoke rising from the ground, or, according to Pliny, because the juice of the plant brings on such a flow of tears that the sight becomes dim as with smoke, and hence its reputed use in afflictions of the eye.
According to the ancient exorcists, when the plant is burned, its smoke has the power of expelling evil spirits, it having been used for this purpose in the famous geometrical gardens of St. Gall.
Earth Smoke is also known as Fumitory. There is a legend that the plant was produced, not from seed, but from vapors arising out of the earth.
While this herb is most often used in money drawing incense formulas, it is also carried (in it’s dry form) in the shoes by salesmen for luck in making quick sales. It can also be brewed in water and the liquid sprinkled around the business premises to bring in quick money.
Formulas using Earth Smoke can be found here:
Leave a Reply
- Harvesting Magickal Herbs in a Magickal Way by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Make An Angelic Rosary by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- How To Clean Bones by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Bone Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Ghost Busting Botanicals by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment