The Old Man
Where there is a road an old man walks thinking, bent under the weight of his soul clinging like a child to his back. Ra spits his words into the dirt where they cover themselves and wait like seeds. The wheat will rise up singing.
The old man walks in circles beneath the circling sun. He makes a journey for himself from mewling infant to old man, old man to renewed God.
The snakes comes to take his heart, finding there the sun.
~From Awakening Osiris
Leave a Reply
- The Great, Bloody and Bruised Veil of the World by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- A Field of Flowers by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- A Yurei Taxi Ghost Story by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Ra Takes The Form Of A Cat by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Sometimes a Wild God by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment