Douse the lights, douse even the candle
Speak to her gently; she’s been shunned
so long, she runs away.
Suggest, don’t expect
Let being fill up the space
So that what you’re doing
Let the message emerge
from the sea of understanding
like a mermaid singing her seduction,
Think fishes, flying through dark waters,
Think night, moonlit seas, and
no moonlight at all.
Think water. Think depths, dampness.
Think subtle. Think subtler.
Your wis-dame, your wisdom,
is an archivist. She knows what happened.
She isn’t afraid, she’s been here before.
Another kind of clarity, silvery, not stark, emerges.
Your wis-dame is your oldest ally,
Without her you are less than half yourself
with her you are whole and ready.
Like a dolphin she is beside you
when you are goalless
and seeking only to satisfy your higher yearning.
Be attracted, addicted to life
and life’s deeper demands.
Love, don’t curse, the blind alleys
the red lights and lost luggage.
Without guessing there’s no game.
Not “no pain no gain”
but “no love no gain”
your wise dame
The sage speaks in patterns and pictures,
a scatter tongue. Catch as you can
her butterfly dust
But if you treasure her treasure
For eons she has been wooed in the dark
and spurned in the sun.
If she was with you then
She’s with you now.
and then, of course,
3 Responses to Moonlight
Leave a Reply
- The Fifty Names of Marduk When Babylon became the capital of Mesopotamia, Marduk...
- Homeric Hymn of Demeter and Persephone I begin to sing of rich-haired Demeter Semne Thea (Reve...
- The Courtship of Inanna and Damuzi The courtship of Inanna and Dumuzi is one of the oldest...
- The Prayer To Selene For Any Spell “Come to me, O Beloved Mistress, Three-faced Selene;...
- Earth Mother Chant Earth Mother, we sing to your body, Earth Mother, we...
- Invocation To The Dark Mother "We call to thee, Ama, dark Mother; thou to whom a...
- Old Stories About the Devil When the devil appeared to Cuvier, the great man lo...
- Crow Moon Here's the story line posted with the video: An...
- Solstice Story There was the snow, and the snow fell from the heav...
- Hymn to Hera Let us sing now of Hera, the women's goddess. she w...
- The Juniper Tree by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Metrical Charm For Unfruitful Land by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Invocation for the Full Wolf Moon by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- The Knot of Isis by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- There Is Always Rebirth by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment