Soul of Our Souls
Soul of our souls, Spirit of our spirits,
And the One embracing All,
Divine One, of infinite names and none:
Powers of East, South, West and North,
And all who weave the Universe:
I call to you, within and without –
This night, this rite.
Divine Air – bring imagination and creativity to the world.
Like the far-seeing hawk,
May we see this situation as the whole complex tapestry that it is,
And be in-spired with fresh and virgin weavings.
Like the unfettered winds,
May we be freed from old assumptions and patterns in how we respond,
And breath in new possibilities.
Divine Fire – bring clarity and compassionate passion to the world.
Like the bright light of the Sun,
May we see clearly the way-forward of “what is necessary” for all life,
And the time to come.
Like the transforming flames,
May our grief, fear and rage be transformed into compassion for all –
All victims and perpetrators alike.
Divine Water – bring yielding and wisdom to the world.
Like the gentle erosion of water upon stone,
May we release our personal and cultural biases,
And acknowledge the ‘wrong-thinkings’ that we may harbour.
Like the deepening twilight upon the earth,
May we remember the lessons of the past,
And contemplate their meaning for the future.
Divine Earth – bring greening and surety to the world.
Like the stretching branches of the tree,
May we stretch ourselves
Into the life-affirming paths of reconciliation and healing.
Like the deep peaceful dome of night,
May we stand firm in the Goddess and the God,
Through this ‘dark night’ of confusion and fear, and false ‘stars’.
May our souls be strong, steady and revealing.
May our spirits be en-lightened, faithful and sure.
May our choices be wise and enduring, for the generations to come.
By all that is Sacred and True,
So Mote It Be.
Leave a Reply
- The Fifty Names of Marduk When Babylon became the capital of Mesopotamia, Marduk...
- Homeric Hymn of Demeter and Persephone I begin to sing of rich-haired Demeter Semne Thea (Reve...
- The Courtship of Inanna and Damuzi The courtship of Inanna and Dumuzi is one of the oldest...
- The Prayer To Selene For Any Spell “Come to me, O Beloved Mistress, Three-faced Selene;...
- Earth Mother Chant Earth Mother, we sing to your body, Earth Mother, we...
- Invocation To The Dark Mother "We call to thee, Ama, dark Mother; thou to whom a...
- Old Stories About the Devil When the devil appeared to Cuvier, the great man lo...
- Crow Moon Here's the story line posted with the video: An...
- Solstice Story There was the snow, and the snow fell from the heav...
- Hymn to Hera Let us sing now of Hera, the women's goddess. she w...
- The Juniper Tree by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Metrical Charm For Unfruitful Land by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Invocation for the Full Wolf Moon by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- The Knot of Isis by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- There Is Always Rebirth by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment