Song for Hekate
O Lady of the darkest soul of night
Mother of Midnight, Ancient Shadow Queen
Bringer of Visions, give to me the sight
To see the sacred in all living things.
And in cold death, still beauty may I see
When You take back into Yourself
the beauty that was me.
O great Hekate, beneath Your waning moon
I stand dark-hooded on the shadowed road
and face three choices, though all roads lead to You
All stories end at last, untold and told.
O Crone of Wisdom, give to me the sight
To see the dance within all things
of darkness and of light.
O Ancient Lady, Mistress of the Night
You of three faces, Maiden, Mother, Crone
Protector of Witches, dancing with delight
On Your brown Earth, together or alone.
Dark Mother Goddess, give to me the sight
In death, in life, may I behold
Your Mystery dark and bright.
Leave a Reply
- The Fifty Names of Marduk When Babylon became the capital of Mesopotamia, Marduk...
- Invocation To The Dark Mother "We call to thee, Ama, dark Mother; thou to whom a...
- Homeric Hymn of Demeter and Persephone I begin to sing of rich-haired Demeter Semne Thea (Reve...
- Prayer to Hekate Sacred flame rise to power We ask Hekate to help us...
- The Courtship of Inanna and Damuzi The courtship of Inanna and Dumuzi is one of the oldest...
- Prayer To Selene For Any Operation O three-faced Selene, come to me beloved mistress Gr...
- The Folklore of Falling Stars Some scholars speculate, based on common legends betwee...
- The Enuma Elish Simplified This epic is one of the most important sources for unde...
- Wu Gang Chopping Laurel Tree If look carefully at the moon in clear nights, one...
- Jade Rabbit Pounding Medicine The story goes about that three immortals reincarnate...
- Daniel Knirs: Ask Now Of Death
- shirleytwofeathers: Ask Now Of Death
- Daniel: How We Survive
- Verona: Invocation To The Dark Mother
- A albershardt: 40a84602173af71121ba20043fc2c250–naive-art-winter-solstice