A Song of Cailleach
“Bha da shleagha chaola chatha
air an taobh eile dh’an chaillich
Bha ‘h-aodann dubh-ghorm air dreach a ‘ghuail
‘S a deud cnabadach cnamh-ruadh.
Bha aon suil ghlumach ‘na ceann
Bu luaithe na rionnag gheamhraidh;
Craobh mhineach chas air a ceann
Mar choill inich de ‘n t-seana chrithinn.
There were two slender spears of battle
upon the other side of the carlin
her face was blue-black, of the lustre of coal,
And her bone tufted tooth was like rusted bone.
In her head was one deep pool-like eye
Swifter than a star in winter
Upon her head gnarled brushwood
like the clawed old wood of the aspen root.
Popular Tales of the West Highlands – Vol 3
One Response to A Song of Cailleach
Leave a Reply
- The Fifty Names of Marduk When Babylon became the capital of Mesopotamia, Marduk...
- Homeric Hymn of Demeter and Persephone I begin to sing of rich-haired Demeter Semne Thea (Reve...
- The Courtship of Inanna and Damuzi The courtship of Inanna and Dumuzi is one of the oldest...
- The Prayer To Selene For Any Spell “Come to me, O Beloved Mistress, Three-faced Selene;...
- Earth Mother Chant Earth Mother, we sing to your body, Earth Mother, we...
- Invocation To The Dark Mother "We call to thee, Ama, dark Mother; thou to whom a...
- Old Stories About the Devil When the devil appeared to Cuvier, the great man lo...
- Crow Moon Here's the story line posted with the video: An...
- Solstice Story There was the snow, and the snow fell from the heav...
- Hymn to Hera Let us sing now of Hera, the women's goddess. she w...
- The Juniper Tree by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Metrical Charm For Unfruitful Land by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Invocation for the Full Wolf Moon by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- The Knot of Isis by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- There Is Always Rebirth by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment