Invocation of Hekate
You have eyes of bulls,
the voice of dogs,
you hide your form in shanks of lions.
Triple-pointed, triple-faced, triple-necked
and goddess of the triple ways, who hold
untiring flaming fire in triple baskets
and rule the triple decades, unto me
who calls you to be gracious with kindness
give heed, you who protect the spacious world
at night, before whom daimones quake in fear
and gods immortal tremble, goddess who
exalt men, you of many names, who bear
fair offspring , bull-eyed horned mother of gods
and men and nature, Mother of all things,
for you frequent Olympos and the broad
and boundless chasm you traverse. Beginning
and end are you, and you alone rule all.
For all things are from you, and in you do
all things, Eternal One, come to their end.
~From The Greek Magical Papyri
Leave a Reply
- The Fifty Names of Marduk When Babylon became the capital of Mesopotamia, Marduk...
- Invocation To The Dark Mother "We call to thee, Ama, dark Mother; thou to whom a...
- Prayer to Hekate Sacred flame rise to power We ask Hekate to help us...
- Homeric Hymn of Demeter and Persephone I begin to sing of rich-haired Demeter Semne Thea (Reve...
- The Courtship of Inanna and Damuzi The courtship of Inanna and Dumuzi is one of the oldest...
- Prayer To Selene For Any Operation O three-faced Selene, come to me beloved mistress Gr...
- The Enuma Elish Simplified This epic is one of the most important sources for unde...
- The Folklore of Falling Stars Some scholars speculate, based on common legends betwee...
- Wu Gang Chopping Laurel Tree If look carefully at the moon in clear nights, one...
- Jade Rabbit Pounding Medicine The story goes about that three immortals reincarnate...
- Daniel Knirs: Ask Now Of Death
- shirleytwofeathers: Ask Now Of Death
- Daniel: How We Survive
- Verona: Invocation To The Dark Mother
- A albershardt: 40a84602173af71121ba20043fc2c250–naive-art-winter-solstice