Like the Sun, the Moon continually moves through the Zodiac, and each sign has its own significance. The Moon enters into the next zodiac sign approximately every two to three days. It is not uncommon for the Moon to enter all twelve signs within the month. Some months the moon will enter into the zodiac signs fourteen times, however, the norm is thirteen times per month.
If you are not sure what sign the moon is in, you can check the Pagan Calendar to figure out the moon signs, moon phases, and quite a lot more.
Bear in mind that magickal workings for gain, increase or bringing things to you, should be initiated when the Moon is Waxing (from Dark to Full); when the Moon is Waning (from Full to Dark), it is time for magical workings of decrease or sending away. The highest energy occurs at the Full Moon and, therefore, this is the most powerful time for magical workings. The New Moon is the next most powerful time for Magic.
- Moon in Aries ~ Action, Enthusiasm
Good for starting things, but lacks staying power. Things occur rapidly, but quickly pass. Best for spells involving authority, willpower and rebirth.
- Moon in Taurus ~ Renewal, Sensuality
Things begun now last the longest, tend to increase in value, and become hard to alter. Best for spells involving love, real estate, and money.
- Moon in Gemini ~ Communication, Curiosity
Things begun now are easily changed by outside influence. Best for spells involving communication, public relations and travel.
- Moon in Cancer ~ Emotion, Nurturing
Pinpoints need, supports growth and nurturance. Best for spells involving domestic life and honoring lunar deities.
- Moon in Leo ~ Vitality, Determined
Showmanship, favors being seen, drama, recreation and happy pursuits. Best for spells involving power over others, courage, child birth.
- Moon in Virgo ~ Organizing, Studious
Favors accomplishment of details and commands. Best for spells involving employment matters, health and intellectual matters.
- Moon in Libra ~ Balance, Cooperation
Increases self-awareness, favors self-examination and interaction with others. Best for spells involving court cases, partnerships and artistic matters.
- Moon in Scorpio ~ Sexual, Philosophical
Increases awareness of psychic power. Ends connections. Best for spells involving secrets, power and psychic growth.
- Moon in Sagittarius ~ Independent, Honest
Encourages flights of imagination and confidence. Best for spells involving publications, sports and the truth.
- Moon in Capricorn ~ Authority, Ambitious
Increases awareness of the need for structure, discipline. Best for spells involving career, political matters and ambition.
- Moon in Aquarius ~ Innovation, Social
Favors activities that are unique and individualistic. Best for spells involving science, freedom, personal expression, problem solving and friendship.
- Moon in Pisces ~ Sensitivity, Idealistic
Energy withdraws from the surface of life, hibernates within, secretly reorganizing and realigning. Best for spells involving music, telepathy and clairvoyance.
This does not mean that spells must only be cast during those specific times. These are simply guidelines for optimal times, a spell can be cast whenever it is needed.
Every astrological sign has flowers associated with it. These might be, but are not necessarily the same as the flowers assigned to the specific months of the year, and some flowers are assigned to more than one astrological sign.
Here’s the list:
- Aries (March 21 ~ April 20) Honeysuckle
- Taurus (April 21 ~ May 20) Rose
- Gemini (May 20 ~ June 21) Rose; Violet
- Cancer (June 21 ~ July 20) Rhododendron
- Leo (July 21 ~ August 20) Gladiolas; Orchid; Lily of the valley; Lavender
- Virgo (August 21 ~ September 20) Aster; Gladiolas
- Libra (September 21 ~ October 20) Marigold; Acanthus
- Scorpio (October 21 ~ November 20) Chrysanthemum; Pansy
- Sagittarius (November 21 ~ December 20) Narcissus; Chrysanthemum; Sunflower
- Capricorn (December 22 ~ January 20) Carnation; Narcissus; Buttercups; Orchid
- Aquarius (January 21 ~ February 20) Violet; Carnation; Lily
- Pisces (February 21 ~ March 20) Jonquil; Violet; Poppy
Each part of the body is under the dominion of an astrological sign, from the head (Aries) to the feet (Pisces). The sign influences that part of that anatomy. In days long gone by, medical physicians were expected to have strong working knowledge of astrology.
Astrological Healing Waters consist of lunar-charged healing water, corresponding to the astrological signs. You can find that chart here: Astrological Bodily Correspondences.
Here’s how to make them:
Each month, on the night of the full moon, expose a glass bottle filled with pure spring water to the moonbeams. In the morning, label the bottle with the appropriate astrological sign. (or place in smaller bottles, then label.).
A solar water could also be made in much the same way. Expose a glass bottle filled with pure spring water to the sun’s rays beginning at sunrise and ending at sunset. Label the bottle (or bottles) appropriately and save for later use. Solar water will have a livening brightening effect, being energizing rather than healing.
Apply these waters to the parts of the body ruled by that astrological sign for healing purposes.
For the lunar charged water, you will be noting the astrological sign the moon is in rather than the astrological sign the sun is in. If the sun and moon happen to be in the same astrological sign, the effectiveness of the water would be enhanced. To calculate what sign the moon is in on any given day, you can use this nifty Moon Sign Calculator.
Dates given for each astrological sign are approximate, and indicate the SUN’s position in the sign; MOON signs vary greatly from year to year, and can be determined by referencing in an ephemeris, almanac, or Moon Sign Calculator.
- Aries (Mar 21 to Apr 20) Head, face
- Taurus (Apr 21 to May 20) Neck, throat, shoulders
- Gemini (May 21 to June 20) Lungs, hands, arms
- Cancer (June 21 to July 20) Breasts, stomach
- Leo (July 21 to Aug 20) Heart, solar plexus
- Virgo (Aug 21 to Sep 20) Digestive System
- Libra (Sep 21 to Oct 20) Kidneys, back
- Scorpio (Oct 21 to Nov 20) Reproductive and eliminatory organs
- Sagittarius (Nov 21 to Dec 20) Thighs
- Capricorn (Dec 21 to Jan 20) Knees, bones
- Aquarius (Jan 21 to Feb 20) Calves, ankles, circulatory and glandular systems
- Pisces (Feb 21 to Mar 20) Feet