A variation on humming is mumbling. (For more info on humming and healing see this post on Humming). What is mumbling? Mumbling is speaking with your mouth closed and your lips moving. It produces an effect like humming with the added benefit of subliminal or subaudial suggestion.
When you apply your fingers or hands to an area of the body for healing, instead of humming you mumble affirmations, blessing, or directions. For example:
- I am healthy and full of energy.
- Angels around me, angels above me, angels all around.
- Muscles are relaxing, inflammation is receding, cells are strengthening.
Or you can just talk about your intentions for the healing, saying whatever comes into your mind in the moment. Just remember to keep it to a mumble.
I did this in a taxi for a friend who had sudden stomach cramps and in about three minutes she was fine again. It’s a very handy technique for all kinds of situations.
I use it on my own neck and shoulders when I’m at the computer for too long and often, right afterward, I just turn my neck and my spine adjusts itself. It’s also great for easing sore muscles after a workout and relieving your own headaches.
However, be aware that some people may be distracted or irritated by the mumbling and will not respond well to it.
From: Instant Healing by Serge Kahili King
One healing technique that works really well is the combination of sound and touch. All you have to do is hum while your hands are touching yourself or someone else. That’s right, just hum while you touch.
To get a direct sense of what the effect is, hold your palms apart and facing as described in the Healing Hands article, but without rubbing them first. Now hum.
In addition to the vibration in your body, you will feel a tingling in your hands and perhaps even the soft pressure sensation between them.
Whenever you have aches or pains or places that need healing, you can put your hands or fingers on them and hum your way to health. Actually, it will help to relieve tension and speed up your body’s natural healing process even faster than touch alone.
You can experiment with humming high notes or low notes, or even your favorite tunes. I’ve found that the effect is stronger if you keep your attention on where your hands are touching while you hum. The effect is also stronger when you hum with your mouth closed because this produces a stronger vibration within your body, which transfers more energy to your hands.
From: Instant Healing by Serge Kahili King
Everyone has healing power. Not only is everyone’s body constantly engaged in healing itself, often in spite of all the things a person may be doing to interfere with it. Everyone has the power to help others heal themselves, too. Right now. This minute.
It’s easy to say that everyone has the ability to heal. How do I prove it? Well, I don’t have to prove it to you. You can prove it to yourself with a few experiments.
Healing Hands Experiment One:
Rub the palms of your hands together and hold your hands with your palms facing each other about six to eight inches apart. You should be aware of the tingling sensation from the rubbing, but now move your hands toward each other in a slightly bouncy kind of way, as if you were thinking about clapping but couldn’t make yp your mind whether to do it or not.
Pay attention to anything you may feel with your palms. If you are like most people, you will feel a slight sensation of resistance, like you were squeezing a soft balloon or pushing similar poles of two magnets together. This is an energy field you are feeling, and it’s what some healers use for healing.
Healing Hands Experiment Two:
Line up three glasses of orange, grapefruit, or apple juice, three cups of coffee or tea, or three glasses of chablis wine. You could use plain water for this, but the experiment results are more definite when something has a bit of a bite to it.
Rub your hands together and then hold one of the cups or glasses in your hands for one or two minutes and taste the liquid. Then taste the liquid in the other two containers. Taste the first one again. Notice any difference? You have just “healed” the liquid.
The reason I suggest two controls is so you can be more certain the difference is real. Typically, the “healed” liquid has less bite or bitterness, it becomes more mellow. Some people think it tastes sweeter. Some don’t think that the change is an improvement.
So Now What?
The nest time you are around someone who has an ache or a pain, and who is willing to let you experiment on them, rub your hands till they tingle and just lay them on the person’s sore area for a minute or two. (This even works through clothing.)
You will get much better results if you keep your attention on what you are doing. I know some systems teach that the energy just flows through you so you can let your mind wander, but energy flows where attention goes, and your hands will have more energy if you stay focused.
If the person experiences any relief at all, the experiment is a success.
From: Instant Healing by Serge Kahili King
Trapped emotions settle into different areas of the body and cause muscle tension and pain. Here’s a list of common emotions and the places they get trapped in:
- Shoulders – Burdens and responsibilities
- Neck – Fear and repressed self expression
- Upper Back – Grief, sorrow, and sadness
- Middle Back – Powerlessness and insecurity
- Lower Back – Guilt, shame, and unworthiness
- Stomach – Inability to process emotions
If you are not sure how to release those emotions, see this post on Deepak Chopra’s 7 step method to release emotional turbulance.
From The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent by Abraham Hicks
- It is natural for my body to be well.
- Even if I don’t know what to do in order to get better, my body does.
- I have trillions of cells, with individual Consciousness, and they know how to achieve their individual balance.
- When this condition began, I didn’t know what I know now.
- If I’d known then what I know now, this condition couldn’t have gotten started.
- I don’t need to understand the cause of this illness.
- I don’t need to explain how it is that I’m experiencing this illness.
- It doesn’t matter that it got started, because it’s reversing it’s course right now.
- It’s natural that it would take some time for my body to begin to align to my improved thoughts of well being.
- There’s no hurry about any of this.
- My body knows what to do.
- Well-Being is natural to me.
- My inner being is intricately aware of my physical body.
- My cells are asking for what they need in order to thrive, and Source Energy is answering those requests.
- I’m in very good hands.
- I will relax now, to allow communication between my body and my Source.
- My only work is to relax and breathe.
- I can do that.-I can do that easily.
- This sensation of pain is an indicator that Source is responding to my cellular request for Energy.
- This sensation of pain is a wonderful indicator that help is on the way.
- I will relax into this sensation of pain because I understand that it’s indicating improvement.
- My body is flesh and bone, but my body is also vibration.
- The way my body looks and feels is a result of my vibration.
- My body is as it is right now, and that is alright.
- My body is continually changing, and that is alright.
- My vibrational offering affects the changes in my body.
- Physical decline is about vibration, not about passing through time.
- It is possible for me to pass through time and improve my vibration.
- Physical decline is neither natural nor necessary.
- I do not have to wait for others to know this or demonstrate this.
- I can begin now, or whenever I choose, to demonstrate this.
- A shift in my vibration won’t give me instant physical evidence.
- A shift in my vibration will give me instant emotional evidence.
- Once I achieve a vibrational shift and stabilize there, I’ll see evidence.
- I’m willing to shift my vibration and wait for the physical evidence.
- Feeling better emotionally will be adequate evidence for now.
- Finding and maintaining positive expectancy is wonderful.
- I can feel my body benefiting from my new found ease.
- I can feel the stability of my physical body.
- I can feel the life-giving qualities of my new Energy alignment.
- I can feel that I’m coming into Energy Balance.
- I can feel how much my body enjoys my Energy Balance.
- All is well with me right now and getting better still…
Can modern day “bed of nails” help back pain?
Most people will be affected by back pain at some point in their lives. And lots of money is spent in their quest for relief. But a new treatment is gaining momentum, “Early Show” contributor Taryn Winter Brill said Monday.
Imagine lying down on a device that mimics a bed of nails! Mats with thousands of nail-like plastic spikes are being touted as a relaxation technique that may relieve back pain, stress, and even cure insomnia.
If you feel that strain and pain in your lower back, your misery is in good company. “What the data shows is that 80 percent of the Americans will experience lower back pain in some point in their lifetime, and that’s probably an understatement,” Dr. Christopher Gharibo of NYU Medical Center explained.
It is estimated that at any given time, more than 30 million Americans are experiencing back pain, and back pain is big business — from patches to pills, back pain sufferers will try almost anything to get relief.
“Patients come in often and tell me, for example, ‘Doctor, just cut the nerve, do whatever you need to do to address this back. I just simply can’t go on like this. I’ll have surgery, I’ll have injections, give me the medication. I need but I really need help to be able to function,'”‘Dr. Gharibo said.
But will they try what’s called a “Halsa” mat, which looks a little like a tool for torture? “Some people call it an acupressure mat or a nail bed,” product spokesperson Brenna Haysom said.
Yeah, she said nail bed — that thing you might see a yogi using for meditation or a stunt guy showing off how tough he is. This modern version replaces the nails with more than 8,000 pointy plastic spikes. And it’s supposed to help relax you and relieve pain.
Winter Brill tried it out. “There was definitely a prickly feeling, but it didn’t hurt like I imagined it would,” she remarked.
“Just to get a sense of what’s happening, this is stimulating pressure points which are releasing hormones?” she asked.
“Yes, hormones,” Haysom, the spokesperson, replied.
The mat is based on the theory of acupressure: that the body is lined with “pressure points” which, when stimulated, release the body’s natural pain-relieving hormones.
For further evaluation, “The Early Show” took the mat to colleague Geri Papiernick, a chronic back pain sufferer. “I get sharp shooting pains in my hips and down the legs. I get sharp shooting pains and it just stops you in your tracks,” Papiernick explained.
It’s been this way for 15 years, and five surgeries haven’t helped. Her pain is so chronic, so excruciating, she’s forced to take a legion of pills — between 12 and 18 a day including morphine and methadone — just to function.
Papiernick was willing to give the mat a try. She said it didn’t hurt to lie on the mat, and she said it felt good just to lie on the floor.
Asked if she could see herself doing this on a daily basis, Papiernick said, “Sure, if there were a long term beneficial effect, I could do it every day.”
And it’s in the pursuit of that daily relief that Papienick and her fellow back pain sufferers will spend at least $50 billion a year on remedies.
While research so far is preliminary, recent studies have shown that nail mats used 15 minutes a day for three weeks reduced patients’ peak levels of pain.
They found that back temperature was higher on the nail mats as compared to a traditional mattress, as a result of increased circulation. Also the heart rate was lowered, indicating greater relaxation.
Source: CBS News
- Sleeping On A Bed of Nails Can modern day "bed of nails" help back pain? Most...
- Pain Free with Abraham Hicks From The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent by Abraham...
- What is the Medical Assistance Program? In my studies of things "spiritual", I came across an i...
- SunGazing SunGazing was a popular practice in ancient times...
- About Reflexology Reflexology involves the use of different massage a...
- Releasing Emotional Turbulence It's not easy to deal with painful emotions head-on...
- Guided Imagery for Self-Healing Learn to use guided imagery and the power of your mind...
- About Psychic Healing Psychic or spiritual healing is a human potential w...
- Tension Caused by Trapped Emotions Trapped emotions settle into different areas of the...
- The Amazing Power of Amino Acids In 1838, a Dutch chemist, G.J. Mulder, described a cert...