Monthly Archives: March 2019
Proper knowledge of the pressure points on head helps provide an extremely relaxing and effective method of getting rid of your migraine. It releases tension, increases blood circulation and enhances one’s mental state.
The following are steps for performing a scalp massage:
- First, find a place in your room that is comfortable and noise free. Take a seat at that spot.
- Next, place fingers of both hands on your forehead and let them touch each other at an imaginary midline and keep your thumbs rested on the temple.
- Apply firm but light pressure on the forehead and then release the pressure. Repeat this.
- Next shift your fingers along with the thumb further up your forehead towards the hairline region. Press again and release, and repeat the steps.
- Now move further up with your fingers on your scalp and keep pressing and releasing with your fingers.
- An acupressure point lies three quarters of the distance from your hairline up your scalp. Press your scalp at this point and release.
- Keep moving downwards towards your neck with your fingers and keep massaging various pressure points on head.
- Once you reach the base of your skull, move all the way back to the forehead again. This time place your fingers half an inch away from the imaginary midline of your forehead and work all the way up like earlier in this new position.
- Again get back to the forehead and this time place your fingers at an inch’s gap from the midline and work your way up.
Once you get used to this procedure, synchronize it with your breathing. Inhale while you press and exhale while you release.
Source: New Health Advisor
In Mitchell L. Gaynor, M.D.’s book, ‘The Healing Power of Sound’, he discusses specific toning exercise. He states:
“Moaning and groaning are cleansing sounds that come naturally when aches and pains are being released. High-pitched, penetrating sounds, or even fierce screaming can help break up energy blockages that may have led to emotional and physical armoring.
“Release the sound that you feel from within.
“It may be a bloodcurdling, terrifying scream that could go on for several minutes, until it may actually end in laughter. Releasing a scream that has been held in for decades can be a joyous, liberating experience.”
I know this works. If you find it difficult to let out a bloodcurdling scream, how about a fierce roar?
Source: Balanced Woman’s Blog
This might not be a pretty picture but it represents something amazing. The red dot graphic foot marks the Kidney One acupressure point on the Kidney Meridian. If you were to take a hold of your foot and place the thumb on that location, it would definitely relieve an aching foot.
What else can benefit from applying pressure to the Kidney One acupressure point?
- It can help regulate blood pressure
- Relieves dizziness and faintness
- Clears the mind
- Improve memory, concentration, and mental alertness
- It can help hot flashes
- Relieves anxiety
- Restores energy
- Increases general vitality in the body
So, maybe it’s time to press that red dot.
Source: Balanced Woman’s Blog