The Power of a Word
I have the power to bend a man,
to break his spirit and crush his plans.
I can make the world stand still,
I can make the frozen heart feel.
I can cure the sick and heal the mind,
but I can destroy and I can bind.
I can bring peace to a raging war,
or I can bring hate right to your door.
I can mend your battered pride,
I can make you die inside.
I am love and I am despair,
and all the things in the shadows there.
Yet with all the power I command,
I am tossed around like gains of sand.
Oh the good I could do if only I was heard,
such a massive thing, the power of a word.
~ Mystic Firefly
Leave a Reply
- The Fifty Names of Marduk When Babylon became the capital of Mesopotamia, Marduk...
- Invocation To The Dark Mother "We call to thee, Ama, dark Mother; thou to whom a...
- Prayer to Hekate Sacred flame rise to power We ask Hekate to help us...
- Homeric Hymn of Demeter and Persephone I begin to sing of rich-haired Demeter Semne Thea (Reve...
- Prayer To Selene For Any Operation O three-faced Selene, come to me beloved mistress Gr...
- The Courtship of Inanna and Damuzi The courtship of Inanna and Dumuzi is one of the oldest...
- The Enuma Elish Simplified This epic is one of the most important sources for unde...
- The Folklore of Falling Stars Some scholars speculate, based on common legends betwee...
- Wu Gang Chopping Laurel Tree If look carefully at the moon in clear nights, one...
- Jade Rabbit Pounding Medicine The story goes about that three immortals reincarnate...
- Daniel Knirs: Ask Now Of Death
- shirleytwofeathers: Ask Now Of Death
- Daniel: How We Survive
- Verona: Invocation To The Dark Mother
- A albershardt: 40a84602173af71121ba20043fc2c250–naive-art-winter-solstice