The Doom of Odin
“I find no comfort in the shade
Under the branch of the Great Ash.
I remember the mist
of our ancient past.
As I speak to you in the present,
My ancient eyes
see the terrible future.
“Do you not see what I see?
Do you not hear
“The mournful cry of Giallr-horn
shall shatter the peace
And shake the foundation of heaven.
“Raise up your banner
And gather your noble company
from your great hall,
Father of the Slains.
For you shall go to your destiny.
“No knowledge can save you,
And no magic will save you.
For you will end up in Fenrir’s belly,
While heaven and earth will burn
in Surt’s unholy fire.”
— Doom of Odin,
from the Book of Heroes
Leave a Reply
- The Fifty Names of Marduk When Babylon became the capital of Mesopotamia, Marduk...
- Invocation To The Dark Mother "We call to thee, Ama, dark Mother; thou to whom a...
- Prayer To Selene For Any Operation O three-faced Selene, come to me beloved mistress Gr...
- Prayer to Hekate Sacred flame rise to power We ask Hekate to help us...
- Homeric Hymn of Demeter and Persephone I begin to sing of rich-haired Demeter Semne Thea (Reve...
- The Courtship of Inanna and Damuzi The courtship of Inanna and Dumuzi is one of the oldest...
- Prayer to Cerridwen What follows is a prayer to Cerridwen with the ancient...
- The Enuma Elish Simplified This epic is one of the most important sources for unde...
- The Folklore of Falling Stars Some scholars speculate, based on common legends betwee...
- Wu Gang Chopping Laurel Tree If look carefully at the moon in clear nights, one...