- Ruler: Moon
- Element: Water
- Type: Fruit
- Magickal Form: Fresh fruit, Dried peel, Pulp, Juice, Essential Oil
Very useful in cleansing and dispelling poltergeist phenomena, lemon helps to break up and absorb etheric energy. For protection during sleep, place a few lemon slices and sea salt in a bowl and keep by the bed. If a room in a house seems “unhealthy,” a bowl of sea salt and lemon slices will absorb any negative energy. After three days, dispose of the salt and lemon by either burying it away from the house or tossing them in a running stream.
Use lemon, which is sacred to the moon, for purification and love. To purify, mix lemon with salt and scrub the skin or add to bathwater and soak. The walls and floors of a home or office can be washed down with a solution of lemon juice and water to rinse away draining vibrations, and lemon juice can be added to a Purification Bath to cleanse the aura.
For love spells, add sugar to lemon juice and drink it, giving some as well to the one you desire. To solve love problems, burn white figure candles rubbed with lemon oil or extract.
Cleopatra used lemon wedges to prevent wrinkles. It can also be added to anti-aging and beauty spells.
Collected from various sources
Here are some simple spells which use ingredients found in any supermarket.
- Chocolate is excellent for money.
- Spinach can help you get a job.
- Bitter foods will make you work harder, sweet foods will ease the pressure on a workaholic (try honey, not junk food).
- Apples are sacred to Aphrodite, so cut one in half and give it to your lover to enrapture them.
- Get the one you want out of your life out of it by serving them a bowl of turnips. They’ll leave you – you won’t have to do a thing.
- Ginger tea, or bathing with ginger will relieve stress.
- Oats in a sock, popped in the bath, promotes gentleness and soft beauty.