Foods That Are Turquoise
I found almost nothing in the way of foods that are naturally a turquoise color. This is what I did find:
Lingcods are sometimes found with amazing, edible blue flesh. A bile pigment called biliverdin seems to be the cause, but exactly how it gets into the flesh of the fish remains a mystery. Cooking destroys the color, but if you are wanting to eat a turquoise colored food, this seems like a possible choice.
There is also a chicken that lays blue or turquoise eggs. It’s called an Araucana. Here’s a picture of the eggs, and yes, they are real. When you crack them open, they look like any other egg.
Here’s a picture of the breed of chicken that lays these eggs:
Leave a Reply
- Foods That Are Turquoise I found almost nothing in the way of foods that are nat... under Miscellaneous Information
- Healing With The Color Turquoise In healing Turquoise can help to calm hyperactive o... under Healing With Colors
- Violet vs Purple In the traditional color wheel used by painters, viol... under Purple
- New Age Blue Blue has something for almost everyone, from the sk... under Color Correspondences
- Healing With the Color Violet The violets in the mountains have broken the rocks. ~... under Healing With Colors