Color Therapy is an alternative style of therapeutic practice that utilizes the vibration and frequency of color to aid in healing. Are you in pain, feeling anxious, or fearful? Here is an exercise to help establish the color therapy protocol you need TODAY:
Sit with your eyes closed and visualize your situation.
Think of a color that soothes what you are feeling. Don’t worry if it takes a couple different examples, it is important to listen to your body and discover what works best for you. What is today’s color?
Take a deep breath and imagine pulling this color throughout your body. When you exhale, imagine the (anxiety, pain, fear, anger) leaving your body. Do this a few times until you to feel a shift in your body and begin to feel better.
Imagine a glass filled with liquid in your chosen color and drinking it down. That color is filling up your body…you begin to feel (calm, safe, happy, and any pain minimizing).
Continue visualizing your chosen color for 3 – 5 minutes. Thank this color and carry its energy with you for the rest of the day.
Remember any color’s energy is available to you whenever it is needed.
From: Balanced Women’s Blog
Sit in a comfortable chair. You will only need to practice this visualization technique for 3 to 5 minutes in the beginning. Once you are comfortable with the technique and know which color you need, you can individualize the color and work with only one at a time.
Breathe deeply and evenly, feeling the cleansing power of oxygen permeating your body’s cells as you inhale, and the release of carbon dioxide waste as you exhale. Conscious, deep breathing cleanses the blood and cells of the body.
Visualize the Crown Chakra (at the top of your head) and begin to imagine it opening as though it were the lens of a camera. Ask the Universe for all the color rays of rainbow energy to flow down through this chakra. These rainbow colors are the red, orange, yellow, green, rose, blue, indigo, violet, silver, gold, white, and black rays. There is also ultra-red and ultra-violet. State your intent for healing, then invite the colors to flow from the Universe and go to where each color is needed.
Visualize them entering your bloodstream through the arteries and the cells of your entire body. This only takes a few moments to move throughout your body.
If you have a specific problem you wish to work on, ask for the colors to infuse that particular area of the body. The body listens to every thought you think, so just by stating what you want, it will happen. This thought/body connection is very important to know, because your every negative thought makes negative things occur, and every positive thought you have, takes the body to higher levels of consciousness.
When completing this exercise, you will feel more balanced. Remember to drink plenty of water and continue practicing color healing visualization.
Found at: Balanced Women’s Blog
This Hawaiian healing technique is called ”Clouds of Color,” and is from Dr. Serge Kahili King’s book “Instant Healing.” It is a very simple exercise using your imagination and intention.
First familiarize yourself with the healing energy of the various colors, here’s a simple list: Healing Colors.
Next, select the color of cloud you want to use for healing and begin to visualize this cloud wrapping around all of you or the part of your body that needs physical, emotional, or mental healing. Intent, simply means imagining a specific healing effect that you want the color cloud to have.
- Surrounded by bright orange or yellow can increase your strength and endurance.
- A soft green or blue cloud can reduce swelling or relieve tension.
You can use color clouds and imagination for any healing needed!
This is a mantra that invokes the power of Ganesh to enable you to give color therapy.
Aum Kapilaya Namah.
Kapila (red) means that you are able to give color therapy. You are able to create colors around yourself and around others, bathe them in that color and heal them. As per the mantra you create, so will you create the colors. Another meaning is “wish cow,” the “cow of plenty.” It means that whatever you wish, that comes true. There is a wish-cow inside you. Whatever you wish, especially for healing others, comes true immediately.
Here are some guidelines you might find helpful:
Traditional meditation practice is called Japa, or recitation, and is the spiritual practice of devotedly repeating a mantra, generally a specified number of times, such as 108, often while counting on a strand of beads, called a japa mala, while conscientiously concentrating on the meaning of the mantra. The mantra can also be repeated for a specified period of time, such as 20 minutes. This can be done while sitting or walking, and gives the best results with a consistent daily practice.
The repetition should be dutifully slow. This brings punya, merit, to the devotee. Japa is a form of devotional worship, invocation, supplication, praise, adoration, meditation and direct, experiential communion.
Unless we are actually in a state of samadhi (total absorption), which is rare for most people, japa provides a means to disengage from our racing thoughts and our memories of the past — mostly the bad ones. The repetition of positive, uplifting, spiritual mantras over and over again lifts consciousness and causes the muladhara chakra to spin clockwise. We feel uplifted. Life does not look so bad, and neither does the past. A sense of forgiveness comes and the future looms bright. The past is forgiven and forgotten. Japam can be done by everyone.
Choose the color you feel is most appropriate for your needs. Here’s a quick list: Healing Colors
For this meditation either sit in a chair or stand. Imagine an egg shaped bubble around you.Breathe in deeply from your nose imagining that color entering your feet and filling your entire body. When you exhale image the color exiting your body into your visualized egg shaped bubble. Continue to do this until the egg shaped bubble is filled with the color.
When you are complete take a few moments to come back into the room.
- If you can find a light bulb in your color of choice, you can bathe yourself and the room with color.
- If no light bulb is available, consider putting colored cellophane over the window. Use your imagination and creativity.
- Find a piece of cloth, paper, or other object in the required color. Spend time before the meditation staring at it, taking in the color.
- Wear clothing, or cover yourself with a blanket or sheet that is the color you’ve chosen. Alternatively, you could wrap ribbon or yarn around your wrists.
- Drink water that has been charged with the color: Fill a glass bottle with water, wrap it with colored tissue paper or cellophane and set it in the sun for several hours.
After the meditation:
- Eat some food of the same color.
- For example: Green beans, Red cherries, Purple plums, Blue berries…
For best results, the meditation should be repeated twice a day until the symptoms begin to subside. After that, you can gradually taper off – paying attention to your body’s response.
If you feel that you have taken in too much of one color, you can easily balance yourself with a meditation on green, and/or black and white.
Note: This post was compiled by Shirley Twofeathers for Color Therapy, you may repost and share without karmic repercussions, but only if you give me credit and a link back to this website. Bright Blessings.
- A to Z Healing Index Here is an A to Z list of illnesses and the colors that are used to treat them. C...
- Best colors for a closet You may not give much thought to the inside of your closets when painting a room bu...
- Violet vs Purple In the traditional color wheel used by painters, violet and purple are both placed...
- Chinese Dragons and Color Unlike dragons of Western lore, fearsome symbols of evil and chaos, the Chinese dra...
- Foods That Are Turquoise I found almost nothing in the way of foods that are naturally a turquoise color. This...
- The Colors of Hinduism Hindu deities are depicted in colors that symbolize many positive attributes. Rem...
- Purple Planet Earth The earliest life on Earth might have been just as purple as it is green today, a...
- Healing Colors Healing with color requires a basic understanding of the specific function of a parti...
- Natural Easter Egg Dyes Here's a nifty infographic that shows a variety of plants that can be used to col...
- Migraine Cure with Red / Green I have had good success eliminating a migraine prodrome aura. I cured it by usin...