Color Therapy is an alternative style of therapeutic practice that utilizes the vibration and frequency of color to aid in healing. Are you in pain, feeling anxious, or fearful? Here is an exercise to help establish the color therapy protocol you need TODAY:
Sit with your eyes closed and visualize your situation.
Think of a color that soothes what you are feeling. Don’t worry if it takes a couple different examples, it is important to listen to your body and discover what works best for you. What is today’s color?
Take a deep breath and imagine pulling this color throughout your body. When you exhale, imagine the (anxiety, pain, fear, anger) leaving your body. Do this a few times until you to feel a shift in your body and begin to feel better.
Imagine a glass filled with liquid in your chosen color and drinking it down. That color is filling up your body…you begin to feel (calm, safe, happy, and any pain minimizing).
Continue visualizing your chosen color for 3 – 5 minutes. Thank this color and carry its energy with you for the rest of the day.
Remember any color’s energy is available to you whenever it is needed.
From: Balanced Women’s Blog
I advise students on the subject of color as follows:
If it looks good enough to eat, use it.
~ Abe Ajay
Orange is the color of social communication and optimism. Wearing orange during times of stress, or shock can help to balance your emotions. It can bring about the willingness to embrace new ideas with enjoyment and a sense of exploration and creative play.
Put orange in your life when there is:
- A feeling of bleakness and boredom, particularly where there is a sense that time is really dragging.
- A lack of interest in what is going on around you, even to the degree of disdaining to become involved in any way.
- A resentment of changes in familiar routines and an obsessive need to have things in their “proper” place.
- Over-seriousness – taking oneself too seriously, lack of humor and playfulness in life.
- A fear of experiencing pleasure through the senses and of enjoying sensuality.
- An inability to let go of the past. Especially apparent after an accident or shock where the mind continually revolves around the issues involved – the “what if” and the “if only” …
- A problem with blocked experiences in life, such as a decrease in personal creativity.
Questions to ask yourself when drawn to orange:
- Is there a need to let go of old, worn out ideas, things, and/or emotions?
- What is blocking you?
- What are you allowing to block you?
Orange is not the most common favorite color. Someone who likes orange is alive with feelings, the ability to nurture, and can intuit a path to success. If your favorite color is orange, you don’t have an “off” switch when it comes to passion. This is all good stuff, but there’s nothing casual about the connections this kind of person usually forges.
Orange represents the warmth of the fire. It brings even more energy than yellow, celebration and great abundance, comfort, enjoyment of the senses. Warm, sociable, dynamic and independent people who dedicate themselves to whatever they do.
Not loving orange:
A person who has an aversion to orange may have suppressed sexual feelings or other difficulties with sensual enjoyment of life. The attitude can also be over-sensual, indulgent, or too materialistic.
Note: This post was compiled by Shirley Twofeathers for Color Therapy, you may repost and share without karmic repercussions, but only if you give me credit and a link back to this website. Blessed be.
Many people enjoy relaxing by the seaside in summer. The predominant colors are the blues of the sea and sky, which introduce a feeling of expansiveness and peace. Turquoise tempers the deeper blues with an extra sense of calm and comfort. The golden yellow of sand and sunlight energize the body’s systems, helping to restore balanced functioning by reducing anxiety and stress levels, and, creating happiness and clarity in the mind. It is no wonder with today’s hectic lifestyle that two weeks doing nothing and simply being on a beach in the sunshine is regarded by many as the perfect holiday and one which they will repeat each year with unfailing regularity.
The same color combination of blues and golds occurs in many desert or near desert conditions and it is perhaps significant that in the past many people have sought the deserts of the world as places of mysticism for contemplation, visions, and religious inspiration. With such isolation, very few distractions and the stimulus of blues gold, and yellows, directly affecting the function of the nervous system, such places encourage the deepest thought.
Source: Healing With Crystals and Chakra Energies
- Violet vs Purple In the traditional color wheel used by painters, violet and purple are both placed...
- Best colors for a closet You may not give much thought to the inside of your closets when painting a room bu...
- A to Z Healing Index Here is an A to Z list of illnesses and the colors that are used to treat them. C...
- Purple Planet Earth The earliest life on Earth might have been just as purple as it is green today, a...
- Foods That Are Turquoise I found almost nothing in the way of foods that are naturally a turquoise color. This...
- Designing With Turquoise A mix of blue and green, turquoise has a sweet feminine feel while the darker teal...
- Migraine Cure with Red / Green I have had good success eliminating a migraine prodrome aura. I cured it by usin...
- Healing Colors Healing with color requires a basic understanding of the specific function of a parti...
- Colorizing Your Front Door In feng shui, the front door is considered the called the mouth of Chi. It is through...
- Turquoise and Architecture Turquoise is a stone and color that is strongly associated with the domes and int...