Using The Color Orange
I advise students on the subject of color as follows:
If it looks good enough to eat, use it.
~ Abe Ajay
Orange is the color of social communication and optimism. Wearing orange during times of stress, or shock can help to balance your emotions. It can bring about the willingness to embrace new ideas with enjoyment and a sense of exploration and creative play.
Put orange in your life when there is:
- A feeling of bleakness and boredom, particularly where there is a sense that time is really dragging.
- A lack of interest in what is going on around you, even to the degree of disdaining to become involved in any way.
- A resentment of changes in familiar routines and an obsessive need to have things in their “proper” place.
- Over-seriousness – taking oneself too seriously, lack of humor and playfulness in life.
- A fear of experiencing pleasure through the senses and of enjoying sensuality.
- An inability to let go of the past. Especially apparent after an accident or shock where the mind continually revolves around the issues involved – the “what if” and the “if only” …
- A problem with blocked experiences in life, such as a decrease in personal creativity.
Questions to ask yourself when drawn to orange:
- Is there a need to let go of old, worn out ideas, things, and/or emotions?
- What is blocking you?
- What are you allowing to block you?
Orange is not the most common favorite color. Someone who likes orange is alive with feelings, the ability to nurture, and can intuit a path to success. If your favorite color is orange, you don’t have an “off” switch when it comes to passion. This is all good stuff, but there’s nothing casual about the connections this kind of person usually forges.
Orange represents the warmth of the fire. It brings even more energy than yellow, celebration and great abundance, comfort, enjoyment of the senses. Warm, sociable, dynamic and independent people who dedicate themselves to whatever they do.
Not loving orange:
A person who has an aversion to orange may have suppressed sexual feelings or other difficulties with sensual enjoyment of life. The attitude can also be over-sensual, indulgent, or too materialistic.
Note: This post was compiled by Shirley Twofeathers for Color Therapy, you may repost and share without karmic repercussions, but only if you give me credit and a link back to this website. Blessed be.
Leave a Reply
Sorry. No data so far.