Monthly Archives: November 2018
A campfire is magical. How the coals glow and the flames flicker and the sparks pop and shower, its mesmerizing. But, you can make it even more magical with these simple tricks. It will get old if you use these all the time, but an occasional surprise makes a campfire at that special place or time something to be remembered.
Adding a small amount of chemicals to a hot burning fire can have an ‘Ooooh-aaaah’ effect. It’s important to do these only after all cooking has been done on the fire and when there is little wind so the smoke can rise up rather than into campers’ faces.
You may acquire these chemicals in a grocery or dry goods store, in the laundry or cleaner section. Find copper sulfate in swimming pool supplies. Epsom salts, borax, and calcium chloride may be found with laundry/cleaning supplies.
Copper Chloride, Strontium Chloride, and others my be best found at fireworks supply companies. Practice before using them at a campfire so you know how much to use and how to best apply for maximum effect.
Creating Colors and Special Effects:
- Copper Chloride ~ BLUE flame
- Borax (laundry) ~ LIGHT GREEN flame
- Copper Sulfate (tree root killer for plumbers) ~ GREEN flame
- Strontium Chloride ~ RED flame
- Potassium Chloride (water softener salt) ~ PURPLE flame
- Calcium Chloride ~ BLUE flame
- Lithium Chloride ~ PINK flame
- Alum ~ GREEN flame
- Sodium Chloride (table salt) ~ ORANGE flame
- Magnesium Sulfate (Epsom salts) ~ WHITE flame
- Sugar ~ sprinkle into fire for TINY SPARKS
- Powdered Coffee Creamer ~ throw a handful into the flames above the fire for small SPARKLY FLASHES
- Flour ~ toss a small amount into flame to make a FLASH FLAME
- Iron filings ~ toss a small bit into flame to make GOLD SPARKS
- Powdered aluminum ~ toss a small bit into flame to make SILVER SPARKS
- Magnesium shavings ~ toss a small bit into flame to make very bright SILVER SPARKS
- VIOLET ~ 3 parts Potassium sulfate, 1 part Potassium nitrate (saltpeter)
So, then how do you get the chemicals into the fire? Well, throwing the powder in gives a burst of color, but then quickly dies out. You might want to do this for special effect when telling a story. But, to make the colors last longer, you can create wax patties. Don’t use these patties if you want sparks, just toss the dry chemical on.
How To Create Wax Patties
- Melt old candle wax in a double boiler.
- Get a bunch of small paper dixie cups.
- Pour about 1/4 inch of chemical into each cup.
- Pour melted wax into the cup to just cover the chemical and quickly stir it with an unfolded paperclip or other small stir rod. This is to thoroughly coat all the chemical.
Let thoroughly cool and then peel or cut off the sides of the paper cup. I leave the paper bottom on. Toss one of these patties into the hottest part of the fire and it will melt and the show begins!
Mixing different chemicals will not make a new color. Just add one single type at a time or put different kinds in different places.
From: Camp Fire Dude
Do you experience winter blues? An effective way to change your moody outlook is to brighten up your life with color. Research has proven that color therapy, or chromo therapy, is a natural way to lift your spirits. In particular, the following colors have power to lift the spirit, combat cabin fever and chase away those winter blues.
Yellow captures the joy of sunshine, communicates happiness and stimulates your mind. It helps to reduce depression, giving one a sense of hope, reminding us that spring is just around the corner. It is important to expose yourself to morning sunlight as early as you can.
Orange evokes excitement, enthusiasm and is an energetic color. It is joyful, playful, creative, and social color.
Red stimulates the body metabolism, and encourages one to engage in activity. The color red fights depression and gives one the energy to get up and do something.
Chase away the winter blues by introducing these powerful colors in your apparel, food you eat, and your home environment. So hurrah for Yellow, Orange, and Red.
Source: Balanced Women’s Blog
One can receive healing energy by sitting in front of a sunny colored glass window.
We all can have the luxury, during the cold winter months, to purchase colored cellophane at our local art store and instantly create a colored glass window for an energy sunbath. All we need to do is tape cellophane on the lower half of a window. A 36 inch square sheet of your selected color is ideal, but a smaller size will work.
This exercise requires a sunny day. Also, you will need to determine what color you want to use.
- Red – Strengthens physical energy, Helps alleviate colds, flu, and bronchitis. Aids circulatory system.
- Orange – Relieves muscle strain. Helps gallstones, boosts immune system. Helps detox body.
- Yellow – Good for stomach, bladder, kidneys, liver, and spleen. Also helps rheumatism. Relieves alcohol poisoning.
- Green – Influences thymus gland and immune system. It is calming, helps anxiety, and exhaustion. Influences heart, pulmonary, and circulatory systems.
- Light Blue – Very healing for children. Helps headaches, and inflammation. Affects respiratory system, throat, teeth, and thyroid.
- Indigo – Influences the pituitary, endocrine, and immune systems. Affects throat, ears, and eyes. Helps lung problems.
- Violet – Affects nervous system, skeletal system, aids in building bone, and brain activity. Helps rashes and wound healing.
Next sit in front of the window so that the sun is streaming through the cellophane onto your body. Breathe deeply for 10 minutes or longer.
This technique is used by color therapists to help heal physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual conditions.
- Balanced Women’s Blog
- Color Energy How Color Can Transform Your Life
Color Therapy is an alternative style of therapeutic practice that utilizes the vibration and frequency of color to aid in healing. Are you in pain, feeling anxious, or fearful? Here is an exercise to help establish the color therapy protocol you need TODAY:
Sit with your eyes closed and visualize your situation.
Think of a color that soothes what you are feeling. Don’t worry if it takes a couple different examples, it is important to listen to your body and discover what works best for you. What is today’s color?
Take a deep breath and imagine pulling this color throughout your body. When you exhale, imagine the (anxiety, pain, fear, anger) leaving your body. Do this a few times until you to feel a shift in your body and begin to feel better.
Imagine a glass filled with liquid in your chosen color and drinking it down. That color is filling up your body…you begin to feel (calm, safe, happy, and any pain minimizing).
Continue visualizing your chosen color for 3 – 5 minutes. Thank this color and carry its energy with you for the rest of the day.
Remember any color’s energy is available to you whenever it is needed.
From: Balanced Women’s Blog
Candle therapy can be used to unite the powers of mind, body, and spirit. Lighting a colored candle releases energy into the atmosphere. The color vibration is absorbed into the auric field and transmitted into the physical body. It is an interesting fact that the colors of our seven major chakras are also the rainbow colors.
The following exercise called, Super Rainbow Candle Healing:
Place a candle for each of the seven chakra colors in a semi-circle in front of you starting from left to right (red, orange, yellow, green, light blue, indigo, and purple). The candles can be placed on the floor or on a table.
Sit quietly for a few moments in order to prepare yourself to receive. Light the candles, starting with red (Root Chakra) and ending with purple (Crown Chakra).
Beginning with the central green candle (Heart Chakra), gaze upon each flame for one minute at a time. Then move to the red candle at the left followed by the purple candle on the right. Continue by going to the orange then to the indigo. Complete the process by going to the yellow and finishing with the light blue. This will take seven minutes.
While the rainbow candles remain burning, embrace all the colors. Accept the guidance from your higher-self as to which colors need revisiting. Continue for another ten minutes, finishing with the green candle (Heart Chakra) to balance your system.
Extinguish the candles in order starting with the red ending with purple (It is recommended to use candle snuffer or home-made tin foil cone). In candle healing it is suggested not to use your breath to blow out healing candles.
Sit quietly for three minutes with your eyes closed, to complete healing.
- The Complete Book of Color Healing
- Balanced Women’s Blog
Sit in a comfortable chair. You will only need to practice this visualization technique for 3 to 5 minutes in the beginning. Once you are comfortable with the technique and know which color you need, you can individualize the color and work with only one at a time.
Breathe deeply and evenly, feeling the cleansing power of oxygen permeating your body’s cells as you inhale, and the release of carbon dioxide waste as you exhale. Conscious, deep breathing cleanses the blood and cells of the body.
Visualize the Crown Chakra (at the top of your head) and begin to imagine it opening as though it were the lens of a camera. Ask the Universe for all the color rays of rainbow energy to flow down through this chakra. These rainbow colors are the red, orange, yellow, green, rose, blue, indigo, violet, silver, gold, white, and black rays. There is also ultra-red and ultra-violet. State your intent for healing, then invite the colors to flow from the Universe and go to where each color is needed.
Visualize them entering your bloodstream through the arteries and the cells of your entire body. This only takes a few moments to move throughout your body.
If you have a specific problem you wish to work on, ask for the colors to infuse that particular area of the body. The body listens to every thought you think, so just by stating what you want, it will happen. This thought/body connection is very important to know, because your every negative thought makes negative things occur, and every positive thought you have, takes the body to higher levels of consciousness.
When completing this exercise, you will feel more balanced. Remember to drink plenty of water and continue practicing color healing visualization.
Found at: Balanced Women’s Blog
This Hawaiian healing technique is called ”Clouds of Color,” and is from Dr. Serge Kahili King’s book “Instant Healing.” It is a very simple exercise using your imagination and intention.
First familiarize yourself with the healing energy of the various colors, here’s a simple list: Healing Colors.
Next, select the color of cloud you want to use for healing and begin to visualize this cloud wrapping around all of you or the part of your body that needs physical, emotional, or mental healing. Intent, simply means imagining a specific healing effect that you want the color cloud to have.
- Surrounded by bright orange or yellow can increase your strength and endurance.
- A soft green or blue cloud can reduce swelling or relieve tension.
You can use color clouds and imagination for any healing needed!
- Violet vs Purple In the traditional color wheel used by painters, violet and purple are both placed...
- Chinese Dragons and Color Unlike dragons of Western lore, fearsome symbols of evil and chaos, the Chinese dra...
- The Colors of Hinduism Hindu deities are depicted in colors that symbolize many positive attributes. Rem...
- Foods That Are Turquoise I found almost nothing in the way of foods that are naturally a turquoise color. This...
- Best colors for a closet You may not give much thought to the inside of your closets when painting a room bu...
- Healing With The Color Green Absolute green is the most restful color, lacking any undertone of joy, grief, or pas...
- Healing Colors Healing with color requires a basic understanding of the specific function of a parti...
- Healing With The Color Orange “When everybody is planting apples a visionary plants oranges.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo...
- Purple Planet Earth The earliest life on Earth might have been just as purple as it is green today, a...
- The Meaning of Colors Here is a quick overview of the various colors and their meanings: Red Red is t...