Healing With Colors
How does using color in meditations increase and accelerate your ability to heal and transform energy? Renowned energy healer Aleta St. James explains this Life Shift technique…
Fill a ruby red colored glass with water and set it outside beneath the morning sun for two hours. Bring it inside and let it warm to room temperature and then slowly sip it. Visualize the water turning red as it flows down your throat and into your stomach. Since red rules energy, this is a terrific color cure for depression. It will also help shrink cancerous tumors.
Sit outside, slightly shaded from the sun, and visualize the sun’s rays pouring the color orange into your body. Imagine it seeping into your pores and soaking into your internal organs. Like red, orange rules energy, and this is an excellent treatment for sexual impotency and digestive ailments.
Sit outside, slightly shaded from the sun, and visualize yellow sunlight streaming into your head and brain. Yellow rules the mind, so if you need to prepare for an upcoming exam, this is an excellent intellectual stimulator.
Fill a green glass with water and set it outside in the morning sun. Let the sun’s rays heat the water for two hours. Bring it inside and let it warm to room temperature. Slowly sip the water. Green calms the nerves. If you have an important speech to give or an important project at work to complete, this is an excellent tranquilizer.
At sunrise, sit in a comfortable chair. Straighten your spine and close your eyes. Visualize a blue ray coming down from the ceiling and into your head. Imagine it traveling down your neck, through your arms, down your stomach and into your legs. Like green, blue calms your emotions, but it also soothes a romantic heartbreak or the grief of losing a loved one.
Use the color purple to heal wounds. If you have a wound, broken bones or pain, imagine the color purple seeping down into those areas. Feel its warming power. Purple also connects you with your spiritual center, so if you feel disconnected from your spirit, imagine breathing in a purple cloud, and imagine it totally filling your body.
Do you experience winter blues? An effective way to change your moody outlook is to brighten up your life with color. Research has proven that color therapy, or chromo therapy, is a natural way to lift your spirits. In particular, the following colors have power to lift the spirit, combat cabin fever and chase away those winter blues.
Yellow captures the joy of sunshine, communicates happiness and stimulates your mind. It helps to reduce depression, giving one a sense of hope, reminding us that spring is just around the corner. It is important to expose yourself to morning sunlight as early as you can.
Orange evokes excitement, enthusiasm and is an energetic color. It is joyful, playful, creative, and social color.
Red stimulates the body metabolism, and encourages one to engage in activity. The color red fights depression and gives one the energy to get up and do something.
Chase away the winter blues by introducing these powerful colors in your apparel, food you eat, and your home environment. So hurrah for Yellow, Orange, and Red.
Source: Balanced Women’s Blog
One can receive healing energy by sitting in front of a sunny colored glass window.
We all can have the luxury, during the cold winter months, to purchase colored cellophane at our local art store and instantly create a colored glass window for an energy sunbath. All we need to do is tape cellophane on the lower half of a window. A 36 inch square sheet of your selected color is ideal, but a smaller size will work.
This exercise requires a sunny day. Also, you will need to determine what color you want to use.
- Red – Strengthens physical energy, Helps alleviate colds, flu, and bronchitis. Aids circulatory system.
- Orange – Relieves muscle strain. Helps gallstones, boosts immune system. Helps detox body.
- Yellow – Good for stomach, bladder, kidneys, liver, and spleen. Also helps rheumatism. Relieves alcohol poisoning.
- Green – Influences thymus gland and immune system. It is calming, helps anxiety, and exhaustion. Influences heart, pulmonary, and circulatory systems.
- Light Blue – Very healing for children. Helps headaches, and inflammation. Affects respiratory system, throat, teeth, and thyroid.
- Indigo – Influences the pituitary, endocrine, and immune systems. Affects throat, ears, and eyes. Helps lung problems.
- Violet – Affects nervous system, skeletal system, aids in building bone, and brain activity. Helps rashes and wound healing.
Next sit in front of the window so that the sun is streaming through the cellophane onto your body. Breathe deeply for 10 minutes or longer.
This technique is used by color therapists to help heal physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual conditions.
- Balanced Women’s Blog
- Color Energy How Color Can Transform Your Life
Candle therapy can be used to unite the powers of mind, body, and spirit. Lighting a colored candle releases energy into the atmosphere. The color vibration is absorbed into the auric field and transmitted into the physical body. It is an interesting fact that the colors of our seven major chakras are also the rainbow colors.
The following exercise called, Super Rainbow Candle Healing:
Place a candle for each of the seven chakra colors in a semi-circle in front of you starting from left to right (red, orange, yellow, green, light blue, indigo, and purple). The candles can be placed on the floor or on a table.
Sit quietly for a few moments in order to prepare yourself to receive. Light the candles, starting with red (Root Chakra) and ending with purple (Crown Chakra).
Beginning with the central green candle (Heart Chakra), gaze upon each flame for one minute at a time. Then move to the red candle at the left followed by the purple candle on the right. Continue by going to the orange then to the indigo. Complete the process by going to the yellow and finishing with the light blue. This will take seven minutes.
While the rainbow candles remain burning, embrace all the colors. Accept the guidance from your higher-self as to which colors need revisiting. Continue for another ten minutes, finishing with the green candle (Heart Chakra) to balance your system.
Extinguish the candles in order starting with the red ending with purple (It is recommended to use candle snuffer or home-made tin foil cone). In candle healing it is suggested not to use your breath to blow out healing candles.
Sit quietly for three minutes with your eyes closed, to complete healing.
- The Complete Book of Color Healing
- Balanced Women’s Blog
Sit in a comfortable chair. You will only need to practice this visualization technique for 3 to 5 minutes in the beginning. Once you are comfortable with the technique and know which color you need, you can individualize the color and work with only one at a time.
Breathe deeply and evenly, feeling the cleansing power of oxygen permeating your body’s cells as you inhale, and the release of carbon dioxide waste as you exhale. Conscious, deep breathing cleanses the blood and cells of the body.
Visualize the Crown Chakra (at the top of your head) and begin to imagine it opening as though it were the lens of a camera. Ask the Universe for all the color rays of rainbow energy to flow down through this chakra. These rainbow colors are the red, orange, yellow, green, rose, blue, indigo, violet, silver, gold, white, and black rays. There is also ultra-red and ultra-violet. State your intent for healing, then invite the colors to flow from the Universe and go to where each color is needed.
Visualize them entering your bloodstream through the arteries and the cells of your entire body. This only takes a few moments to move throughout your body.
If you have a specific problem you wish to work on, ask for the colors to infuse that particular area of the body. The body listens to every thought you think, so just by stating what you want, it will happen. This thought/body connection is very important to know, because your every negative thought makes negative things occur, and every positive thought you have, takes the body to higher levels of consciousness.
When completing this exercise, you will feel more balanced. Remember to drink plenty of water and continue practicing color healing visualization.
Found at: Balanced Women’s Blog
This Hawaiian healing technique is called ”Clouds of Color,” and is from Dr. Serge Kahili King’s book “Instant Healing.” It is a very simple exercise using your imagination and intention.
First familiarize yourself with the healing energy of the various colors, here’s a simple list: Healing Colors.
Next, select the color of cloud you want to use for healing and begin to visualize this cloud wrapping around all of you or the part of your body that needs physical, emotional, or mental healing. Intent, simply means imagining a specific healing effect that you want the color cloud to have.
- Surrounded by bright orange or yellow can increase your strength and endurance.
- A soft green or blue cloud can reduce swelling or relieve tension.
You can use color clouds and imagination for any healing needed!
Hosogami are smallpox spirits. (Hoso is the Japanese word for smallpox.) For safe recovery to health, the Hosogami must be soothed, propitiated, and sent on their way. Hosogami are pleased to see the color red. Physicians were glad to see the color red too:
- Purple smallpox rashes indicate the illness is in a dangerous stage.
- If and when rashes turn red, the patient is expected to recover.
The person suffering from small pox and those caring for him dressed in red to appease the Hosogami. In addition, “red prints” or hoso-e prints, paper wall amulets were posted at the first hint of small pox to propitiate, avoid, and/or banish the illness.
Daruma and Shoki possess the power to expel Hosogami and are among the spirits portrayed on red smallpox talismans. They are called “red” because that’s the primary color of these prints. If no print is available, red banners may suffice.
Following the patient’s recovery, these prints were traditionally ritually burned or floated down rivers to signal the departure of the spirit. Extremely few survive and these are now extremely valuable collectors items.
Borrowed from: The Powers That Be
Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.
~L. Frank Baum
Dr. Edwin Babbitt, in his classic, “The Principles of Light and Color,” states that “The Blue Ray is one of the greatest antiseptics in the world.”
Blue is an all purpose healing color and a great antiseptic and astringent, it discourages disease and disharmony, calms the mind and nerves. Cooling, calming, and protecting, it relaxes the nervous system, helps reduce fever, inflammation and bleeding.
Blue is associated metaphysically with the throat and thyroid gland. Blue-colored light has been shown to reduce blood pressure. Blue calms the autonomic nervous system and is anti-inflammatory. Dark blue affects the pituitary gland, the regulator of sleep. Dark blue also reduces pain and strengthens the skeleton by keeping bone marrow healthy.
Light and sky blues are those most often used in healing work. Blue is good for soothing body, mind and spirit, highly recommended in case of shock. It is very good for treating burns, chickenpox and mumps. In moderation, blue is excellent for emotional healing of stress and anxiety (too much can increase depression and apathy in those so inclined),
The color blue also helps reduce and manage “hot” emotions like anger, impatience, greed or jealousy.
Healing with the color blue:
- Blue is cooling, electric, astringent.
- Good for emotional healing.
- Use a blue light for measles, chickenpox and mumps.
- It can help with self control and in chaotic situations.
- Highly recommended in case of shock.
- Cools down inflammations, fevers, and high blood pressure.
- Stops bleeding.
- Relieves the headaches.
- Calms the mind and nerves.
- Calms strong emotions like anger, aggression or hysteria.
- Brings tranquility.
- Great for insomnia.
- Enhances antiseptic effects
- It is used for stings, itches, rashes and bites.
- Soothing to the eyes.
- Anti-irritation (for instance redness of the skin).
- Soothes suffering.
- It is good for cooling, calming, reconstructing and protecting.
- A great antiseptic and astringent.
- It is very good for treating burns.
- Cooling, calming and protecting.
- It relaxes the nervous system.
- Helps reduce fever, inflammation and bleeding.
- Blue can be used for any type of ailment associated with speech, communication, or the throat.
- Excellent for laryngitis or inflammation of the larynx.
- Also can be used for tooth problems and associated pain and inflammation.
- Blue can increase depression, tiredness and sorrow, so its use should be observed carefully and darker shades should be used only moderately.
Note: This post was compiled by Shirley Twofeathers for Color Therapy, you may repost and share without karmic repercussions, but only if you give me credit and a link back to this website. Blessed be.
In healing Turquoise can help to calm hyperactive or hypersensitive people . Turquoise calms the mind and is cooling to the nervous system. assists immunity and is one of the colors for throat chakra. It is a powerful cleanser and can be used as an all purpose higher octave color for healing. It can be used to improve the circulation and healing effect of energy in general.
Healing with the color turquoise:
- Turquoise is important for respiratory system and in strengthening the metabolism.
- It is cooling to the system, and can be beneficial in easing all feverish conditions and for balancing all systems of the body. It can also be used to cool and ease any inflammation.
- Combines both the beneficial effects of blue and green.
- It vitalizes all systems. It is also purifying.
- In treating febrile diseases, change to turquoise when the temperature is normal.
- Turquoise is useful in treating skin conditions, throat problems, and it is very effective for acute pain and earaches.
- Turquoise is a prime skin-building color and should be used after the pain from burns is relieved. Turquoise hastens the formation of new skin.
- It eases respiration problems. It is effective in treatment of asthma and bronchitis, especially with children. Regular color breathing with turquoise or aqua can prevent intense attacks of asthmatic conditions.
- Turquoise is good for immune system, skin (burns and infections), mental relaxation, acidic, tonifier, regulates lung/large intestine systems.
- Turquoise stimulates the Thymus center, or Higher Heart Chakra.
- Increases intuition and sensitivity.
- Turquoise is a cerebral depressant for over-active mental patients.
- It enhances the ability to focus and concentrate, assisting with clear thinking and decision-making, and the development of good organizational skills.
- Works as a disinfectant and antiseptic.
- Tones the general system.
- Relaxes sensations of stress.
- It is calming yet invigorating, restoring depleted energies.
- It resonates to the thymus and thyroid glands of our endocrine system.
- Turquoise has a strengthening influence on all systems of the body bringing a sense of inner confidence.
- Treats disillusionment and apathy
- Also good for communication issues, cleansing , breath issues, physical detox , rebirthing , purification , sterilization , transition , pain, and hearing.
- Too much of this color in your life may give you an overactive mind and create emotional imbalance, making you either over-emotional or non-emotional.
- Too little turquoise in your life may cause you to withhold your emotions, resulting in secrecy and confusion about your direction in life.
Note: This post was compiled by Shirley Twofeathers for Color Therapy, you may repost and share without karmic repercussions, but only if you give me credit and a link back to this website. Bright Blessings.
- Violet vs Purple In the traditional color wheel used by painters, violet and purple are both placed...
- A to Z Healing Index Here is an A to Z list of illnesses and the colors that are used to treat them. C...
- Foods That Are Turquoise I found almost nothing in the way of foods that are naturally a turquoise color. This...
- Best colors for a closet You may not give much thought to the inside of your closets when painting a room bu...
- Purple Planet Earth The earliest life on Earth might have been just as purple as it is green today, a...
- Healing Colors Healing with color requires a basic understanding of the specific function of a parti...
- Designing With Turquoise A mix of blue and green, turquoise has a sweet feminine feel while the darker teal...
- Migraine Cure with Red / Green I have had good success eliminating a migraine prodrome aura. I cured it by usin...
- The Colors of Hinduism Hindu deities are depicted in colors that symbolize many positive attributes. Rem...
- Turquoise and Architecture Turquoise is a stone and color that is strongly associated with the domes and int...