Using The Color Violet
Look at us, said the violets blooming at her feet, all last winter we slept in the seeming death but at the right time God awakened us, and here we are to comfort you. ~Edward Payson Rod
Violet is often worn by people predisposed toward psychic matters, and is the perfect symbol of the “higher” mind, combining as it does the earthy, fieriness of red with the cool reasonableness of blue to forge an entirely different hue.
Absolutely wear violet when:
- You wish to make positive changes in your life and when you are looking for a purpose
- When you wish to feel special and unique and show other people that you are a non-conformist
- When you want to eliminate anger, destructive attitudes and addictions
Do not wear violet under the following conditions:
- If you suffer from depressive disorders
- If you are absent-minded and daydreaming
- If you feel stuck in any kind of grief
An Overdose of Violet:
Excess violet may be overpowering and suppress inner feelings and emotions, especially anger. It may also cause a sense of disquiet. You should always balance it with yellow!
Put some violet in your life when:
- You wish to re-balance your life
- There is a need to speed up the natural healing of the body.
- You have a desire to use your imagination to its fullest, and apply that imagination in practical ways.
- You wish to integrate new skills into every day life.
- There is a desire to remove obstacles.
- You have a need to calm over activity.
Questions to ask yourself when drawn to violet:
- Is there a need for self healing?
- What are you sacrificing to appear as a “good” or “helpful” person?
Ways to use violet:
- Violet is a great color to use in rooms where you practice relaxation and meditation techniques, as well as in spaces intended for introspective and contemplative thinking such as studios, libraries, bedrooms, verandas, and gardens.
- Violet stimulates blood flow to the brain, and it can be used to enhance intuition, imagination and creativity. When creating and composing his operas, Richard Wagner surrounded himself with this amazing color.
- Violet can be also very helpful for those suffering from insomnia or stress. Adorning your home with flowers like violets, lavender, lilacs, and orchids, or wearing gems such as amethyst, purple fluorite, sugulite, lepidolite, and charoite, will help you eliminate worries and doubts, and achieve inner balance and mental peace.
- Violet is also used to alleviate migraines. Crystal healers suggest placing an amethyst on the center of the forehead to relieve pain.
- Violet is also a good appetite suppressant. Eating more violet foods such as eggplants, purple cabbage, grapes, blueberries, and blackberries, will help you relax and keep hunger at bay.
- Wearing violet clothes or violet night gowns will help you become more calm, intuitive, creative and contemplative!
Not loving violet:
Leave a Reply
- Violet vs Purple In the traditional color wheel used by painters, viol...
- Foods That Are Turquoise I found almost nothing in the way of foods that are nat...
- Best colors for a closet You may not give much thought to the inside of your c...
- A to Z Healing Index Here is an A to Z list of illnesses and the colors...
- Purple Planet Earth The earliest life on Earth might have been just as...