Turquoise helps to open the lines of communication between the heart and the spoken word. It presents as a friendly and happy color enjoying life.
In color psychology, the color turquoise controls and heals the emotions creating emotional balance and stability. In the process it can appear to be on an emotional roller coaster, up and down, until it balances itself.A combination of blue and a small amount of yellow, turquoise fits in on the color scalebetween green and blue. It radiates the peace, calm and tranquility of blue and the balance and growth of green with the uplifting energy of yellow.
Turquoise recharges our spirits during times of mental stress and tiredness, alleviating feelings of loneliness. You only have to focus on the color turquoise, whether on a wall or clothing and you feel instant calm and gentle invigoration, ready to face the world again!
Turquoise is a great color to have around you, particularly in an emergency, as it helps with clear thinking and decision-making. It assists in the development of organizational and management skills. It influences rather than preaching and demanding.
The color turquoise is a good color to aid concentration and clarity of thought for public speakers as it calms the nervous system, gives control over speech and expression, and builds confidence. Print your speech notes on turquoise and every time you glance down you will feel the effects of the color.
Turquoise heightens levels of creativity and sensitivity. It is good at multi-tasking, becoming bored if forced to focus on one thing only. Sometimes its thinking can become scattered if surrounded by too much of this balancing color.
Turquoise encourages inner healing through its ability to enhance empathy and caring. It heightens our intuitive ability and opens the door to spiritual growth. It is the color of the evolved soul. Many meditations can begin with visualizing a pool of Turquoise water to gaze in or even to imagine diving into to receive messages from Dolphin and the Ocean Spirits.
Turquoise can also be self-centered, tuning in to its own needs above all others. At the same time, it can help us to build our self-esteem and to love ourselves, which in turn supports our ability to love others unconditionally. At its most extreme it can be boastful and narcissistic.
Although turquoise is self-sufficient, it fears being alone and can become aloof and unapproachable when this occurs, making the situation worse.
Turquoise has strong powers of observation and perception and can be quite discriminating. It has the ability to identify the way forward, the way to success, balancing the pros and cons, the right and wrong, of any situation. It is a good color to use when you are stuck in a rut and don’t know which way to move.
Turquoise can sometimes be impractical and idealistic and remote from emotional reactions, appearing excessively cool, calm and collected.
Positive and Negative Traits of Turquoise:
- Positive keywords include communication, clarity of thought, balance and harmony, idealism, calmness, creativity, compassion, healing and self-sufficiency.
- Negative keywords include boastfulness, secrecy, unreliability and reticence, fence-sitting, aloofness, deception and off-handedness.
If this is your favorite color, you are friendly and approachable, easy to communicate with. You are compassionate, empathetic and caring. You have a heightened sense of creativity and sensitivity. You speak from the heart and love sharing your inner most thoughts.
Not loving turquoise:
A person who has an aversion to turquoise may be looking for solidity and security in society, especially in marriage. Also, may be reluctant to think originally or to walk new paths.
Tints of turquoise color have a sweet feminine feel. Darker shades of turquoise, such as teal have a more sophisticated feel. Variations of turquoise, are often used to represent water. This color is also is referred to as aqua and aquamarine. Wear turquoise jewelry to give yourself confidence and strength.
The Color Turquoise Represents
Turquoise represents open communication from and between the heart and the spoken word. It relates to the electronic age and the world of computers, and communication on a large scale.
Being the mid color between the extremes of red and violet, turquoise is the color of balance, for the emotions, thoughts and speech.
Turquoise has the ability to tune into its own needs and find the way to success.
Effects of the Color Turquoise
Clarity of Thought:
Turquoise enhances the ability to focus and concentrate, assisting with clear thinking and decision-making, and the development of good organizational skills.
Turquoise is calming yet invigorating, restoring depleted energies.
A negative effect of turquoise is that it can cause people to be too aloof and to hide their emotional reactions.
Leave a Reply
- Violet vs Purple In the traditional color wheel used by painters, violet and purple are both placed...
- Best colors for a closet You may not give much thought to the inside of your closets when painting a room bu...
- The Colors of Hinduism Hindu deities are depicted in colors that symbolize many positive attributes. Rem...
- Healing With The Color Orange “When everybody is planting apples a visionary plants oranges.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo...
- Foods That Are Turquoise I found almost nothing in the way of foods that are naturally a turquoise color. This...
- Healing Colors Healing with color requires a basic understanding of the specific function of a parti...
- Forbidden Colors Try to imagine reddish green — not the dull brown you get when you mix the two pi...
- Colors For Curses Here is a list of the five useful colors for dark magick. These can be used for c...
- Purple Planet Earth The earliest life on Earth might have been just as purple as it is green today, a...
- The Meaning of Colors Here is a quick overview of the various colors and their meanings: Red Red is t...