Using The Color Blue
The colour blue – that is my colour – and the colour blue means you have left the drabness of day-to-day reality to be transported into – not a world of fantasy, it’s not a world of fantasy – but a world of freedom where you can say what you like and what you don’t like. This has been expressed forever by the colour blue, which is really sky blue. ~Louise Bourgeois
Light blue rooms are said to increase productivity and to assist with study and focus. There are reports that people retain more information when reading blue text. Students may score higher on tests taken in blue surroundings . Some sport performance such as weightlifting , may be enhanced in blue surroundings. This is possibly because blue has the effect of calming people and of enhancing mental clarity. Blue is also a good color for bedrooms because of its calming and relaxing qualities it helps people be receptive to sleep. Darker shades of blue can be cold and depressing.
Questions to ask yourself when drawn to blue:
- Is there a need to talk to people around you?
- What do you need to express to others?
Put blue in your life when there is:
- A need to calm agitated, excitable, or chaotic states.
- Exposure to blue light can increase confidence and boost happiness levels.
- Blue is excellent for emotional healing of stress and anxiety in moderation. Too much blue can can increase depression and apathy in those so inclined.
- A need to communicate clearly.
- Use blue paper for notes when you want help in remembering a speech or other information.
- A need for peace, detachment, solitude, and rest.
- A need to help with new information or in seeing information in context.
- A block or limitation to the flow of information and/or frustration, disappointment, and lack of progress in your endeavors and relationships.
- By helping to soothe the mind, blue is the color of truth, serenity and harmony.
- It has a sobering effect on the mind and encourages contemplation, promotes group unity.
- It discourages disease and disharmony.
- Helps reduce and manage “hot” emotions like anger, impatience, greed, or jealousy. It can help with self control and in chaotic situations.
- A desire to broaden your perspective in learning new information.
Blue denim is the most common clothing material in the western world. Men and boys in particular favor blue.Wear dark blues for a stable, calm conservative feeling. All shades of blue will help to make easy communication, whether it is with yourself or others.
More people claim blue as their favorite color than any other color (over 50%). Blue cars have been among the top selling cars for decades.
In systems which correlate favorite colors with color symbolism, people who wear light blue are said to be analytical and have a practical approach to life. People who wear dark blue are intelligent and self-reliant and take on a great deal of responsibility. In any case, people are comfortable with blue and return to blue again and again.
Blue is often the chosen color by conservative people. Cool and soothing, dreamy and magical. Peace and rest. For people who keep a certain distance, but give calm and practical help; they are faithful and loyal, have a sense for order, logic and rational thinking. Flying in day-dreaming, ideals or nostalgia when felt misunderstood. Dark blue is more severe and can be melancholic. Blue is also the color of truth.
Not loving blue:
A person who has an aversion to blue, may be very disciplined, strong career worker, with an aversion to commentary or restriction. He may have charted out a clear direction for his life and wants to follow that no matter what.
Note: This post was compiled by Shirley Twofeathers for Color Therapy, you may repost and share without karmic repercussions, but only if you give me credit and a link back to this website. Blessed be.
Leave a Reply
- Best colors for a closet You may not give much thought to the inside of your closets when painting a room bu...
- A to Z Healing Index Here is an A to Z list of illnesses and the colors that are used to treat them. C...
- Chinese Dragons and Color Unlike dragons of Western lore, fearsome symbols of evil and chaos, the Chinese dra...
- The Colors of Hinduism Hindu deities are depicted in colors that symbolize many positive attributes. Rem...
- Violet vs Purple In the traditional color wheel used by painters, violet and purple are both placed...
- Foods That Are Turquoise I found almost nothing in the way of foods that are naturally a turquoise color. This...
- Purple Planet Earth The earliest life on Earth might have been just as purple as it is green today, a...
- Healing Colors Healing with color requires a basic understanding of the specific function of a parti...
- Making Colored Fire A campfire is magical. How the coals glow and the flames flicker and the sparks p...
- Natural Easter Egg Dyes Here's a nifty infographic that shows a variety of plants that can be used to col...