Red – The Correspondences
“The ‘pure’ red of which certain abstractionists speak does not exist.
Any red is rooted in blood, glass, wine, hunters’ caps and a thousand other concrete phenomena. Otherwise we would have no feeling toward red and its relations… ” ~Robert Motherwell
Foods that work in a red way:
Red foods are generally rich in minerals and provide good sources of protein.
- Red cabbage
- Chili peppers
- Red wine
Vitamins and minerals that work in a red way:
Essential Oils that are “red”:
Crystals and Stones:
Red gemstones can be used to strengthen the body, promote will power and courage, add vitality, overcome sexual dysfunctions. Carry or place red gemstones around your home or office to stimulate vitality and energy.
- Red Jasper
Symbolism of the color red:
- Vitality and life-force
- The Sun
- The Direction of South
- Good luck and prosperity
- Power and authority
- Masculine energy
- War and anger
Note: This post was compiled by Shirley Twofeathers for Color Therapy, you may repost and share without karmic repercussions, but only if you give me credit and a link back to this website. Blessed be.
Leave a Reply
- Violet vs Purple In the traditional color wheel used by painters, violet and purple are both placed...
- A to Z Healing Index Here is an A to Z list of illnesses and the colors that are used to treat them. C...
- Best colors for a closet You may not give much thought to the inside of your closets when painting a room bu...
- Foods That Are Turquoise I found almost nothing in the way of foods that are naturally a turquoise color. This...
- Healing Colors Healing with color requires a basic understanding of the specific function of a parti...
- Purple Planet Earth The earliest life on Earth might have been just as purple as it is green today, a...
- Healing With The Color Turquoise In healing Turquoise can help to calm hyperactive or hypersensitive people . Turq...
- Designing With Turquoise A mix of blue and green, turquoise has a sweet feminine feel while the darker teal...
- Color Therapy – The Basics Each color is applied to the canvas in relation to the colors next to it. The paintin...
- Turquoise and Architecture Turquoise is a stone and color that is strongly associated with the domes and int...