Variations of the Color Red
“If one says ‘Red’ – the name of color – and there are fifty people listening, it can be expected that there will be fifty reds in their minds. And one can be sure that all these reds will be very different.”
Maroon: a dark bluish red, it denotes controlled and more thoughtful action. It is slightly softer than burgundy and not as dramatic as true red.
Burgundy: a dark purplish red, it is more sophisticated and serious and less energetic than true red. It indicates controlled power, determined ambition and dignified action and is often favored by the wealthy.
Crimson: has a little blue in it. It indicates a determination to succeed but without upsetting anyone else. It emits sensuality rather than sexuality.
Scarlet: has a little orange mixed with it, giving it a richness and brightness. It indicates enthusiasm and a love of life. It is a little less intense and more fun loving than true red, tempered with a degree of defiance.
Light red: represents joy, passion, sensitivity, and love.
Dark red is associated with vigor, willpower, rage, anger, leadership, courage, longing, malice, and wrath.
Reddish-brown is associated with harvest and fall.
Note: This post was compiled by Shirley Twofeathers for Color Therapy, you may repost and share without karmic repercussions, but only if you give me credit and a link back to this website. Blessed be.
Leave a Reply
- Violet vs Purple In the traditional color wheel used by painters, viol...
- Foods That Are Turquoise I found almost nothing in the way of foods that are nat...
- Best colors for a closet You may not give much thought to the inside of your c...
- A to Z Healing Index Here is an A to Z list of illnesses and the colors...
- Purple Planet Earth The earliest life on Earth might have been just as...