Sunstone meditation can help you feel the powers of the sun and light. With Sunstone’s light, it can help clear and energize your chakras.
- Here is the meditation:
Hold a sunstone in each hand, palms open. Close your eyes and breathe complete breaths. Breathe in and out, slowing your breath. Imagine that you are a bright light, and that your hands, arms, head, and neck glow with the brightness of this light. Envision the light expanding and covering everything abundantly. Feel the warmth of your skin as it glows and spreads the light. Feel the warmness of the light as it heals your mind, body, and spirit.
Found at: Magickal Ingredients
Sit quietly where you will not be disturbed.
Be aware of your Light Body, or Mer-Ka-Ba, if you can. If you cannot, then just be aware of a tube of light that is embedded inside your body. If you are Buddhist, you may be aware of this tube. It is similar to a fluorescent tube in that it is straight and glass-like and about the same diameter.
If you hold your middle finger and thumb together, that will be the size of your tube. It runs from one hand length above your head to one hand length below your feet. It enters your head at the crown chakra on the top of the head or, in other words, the place where a baby pulses directly after birth. It then leaves the body at the perineum, the soft place between the anus and the genitals, but continues between the legs to one hand length below the feet.
Place your attention on this tube as you begin.
Shift your attention to Mother Earth, the Divine Female. Let yourself feel love for her. See nature, trees, rivers, mountains etc., and feel love for this beautiful planet. Realize how much that she has given to you, and allow your emotional body to feel love for her.
This cannot be intellectualized. You cannot say to yourself, “I am now feeling love for Mother Earth”. It must be a fully body experience. You must actually “feel” love for her. If you cannot really feel love for Mother Earth, then there is no need to continue.
Once the feeling of love is in your heart
Once the feeling of love is in your heart, then imagine your love being put into a small ball about two inches in diameter at your heart chakra. This chakra is just above the sternum and in the center of your body (inside the tube).
Now with your intention, send this love (in the little ball) down your tube to the center of the earth, and wait for a reply from Mother Earth. She will reply. You are her child; of course she will reply.
For some this happens almost instantly. For others it may take two or three minutes. You will “feel” the reply. You will “feel” her love coming back to you. When you do, let the love spread through your Light Body.
Connecting with Father Sky
Without breaking the connection to Mother Earth that you have just made, shift your attention to what we call Father Sky, the Divine Male. Father Sky is the rest of creation other than the earth. See perhaps, the night sky with all the stars shinning brightly. See the Milky Way and the other planets moving through space.
Feel the love you have for the Father. When this love becomes strong, place this love into a small ball at your heart chakra, and send it up your tube into the space above the earth about 60 miles above the earth’s surface. We cannot explain what happens here, as it is too complicated. You will have to trust.
Send your love into the space surrounding the earth, and wait for a reply from Father Sky. You will “feel” his love coming back to you. When you do, let the love spread through your Light Body.
The next part of this meditation
Now you have both the love of the Divine Mother and the love of the Divine Father in your heart at the same moment. This seldom happens in human experience. You are now ready for the next part of this meditation.
Without stopping this Divine Love, place your attention on your breathing tube. Be aware of the very ends or tips of the tube one-hand length above your head and one hand length below your feet. Now with your intention, open this tube so that the consciousness of All Life Everywhere begins to flow into your body. This is the very consciousness of God. This Light will instantly pervade your entire Light Body.
You are now breathing God. God is everywhere. God has always been within your space. This meditation simply allows you to be aware of it by making a conscious connection. This almost always is a very powerful experience.
One more part
There is one more part. There is a cosmic law that says that whenever we receive, we must give back. At this point, imagine a sphere around your body, (or use one of the actual energy spheres if you are aware of them) that is filled with the Light from God that entered through your tube.
See this sphere surrounding your entire body. Now let this sphere begin to expand like a balloon being blown up. First slowly, then faster and faster. After a second or two it will be moving at a tremendous speed. Now let it expand with the intention that it returns to God. It expands at the speed of thought to the source of the Light. It expands throughout all dimensions and all levels of reality. God is now breathing you.
The image is a flow coming in through your breathing tube, spreading throughout your Light Body, and then returning to the Source.
At this moment, you are in the presence of God. If you really do this with truth and honesty, this connection is all you need to find your way through these incredible times.
The Final Step
Now the object is to stay in this state of consciousness at all times. Remember and know your intimate connection to God. What else is there? What could you possibly fear? Everything will come to you. Life is whole, complete and perfect.
Source: Reality of One
My silence, like an expanding sphere, spreads everywhere.
My silence spreads like a radio song, above, beneath, left and right, within and without.
My silence spreads like a wildfire of bliss; the dark thickets of sorrow and the tall oaks of pride are all burning up.
My silence, like the ether, passes through everything, carrying the songs of earth, atons, and stars into the halls of His infinite mansion.
Stand with your feet apart and your arms raised even with your shoulders to form a star. With the left palm up and the right palm down, breathe in the grounding energy of the Earth and exhale any scattered energy through your mouth. Continue to breathe in this fashion until you’re totally relaxed.
Then call on the Sun, saying something like:
Father Sun, Who turns the night
Into the day with golden light
I give thanks for all You bring:
Warmth, strength, hope, and other things
Like laughter, joy, and true affection
And for holding me in Your protection
I thank You for my life this day
Please bless me with Your golden rays
And with Your wisdom, warm and bright
Please open me unto Your light
Into my body let it swell
Infusing each and every cell
To energize ’til the day is done
This I ask You, Father Sun
Repeat the invocation twice more, and stay in the position until you feel the energy begin to swirl through your body.
From: Everyday Sun Magic
The Gayatri Mantra is considered the most potent recitation for attracting spiritual and intellectual enlightenment. It calls for the celestials to shine their light of awakened consciousness on all of the physical and spiritual realms, as represented by our chakras.
Om Bhu, Om Bhuvaha, Om Swaha
Om Maha, Om Janaha, Om Tapaha, Om Satyam
Om Tat Savitur Varenyam
Bhargo Devasya Dhimahi
Dhiyo Yonaha Prachodayat
“O self-effulgent Light that has given birth to the luminous planes of consciousness, who is worthy of worship and appears through the spiritual lens of the sun, illumine our intellect.”
Here’s a Video:
You might notice that the video version is slightly different than the one detailed above, which is from Healing Mantras by Thomas Ashley Farrand. I love how happy and musical the video version is.
At sunrise, sit facing the sun. Meditate on light, on the dawning of a new day. Ask yourself what it is you wish to bring into your life. Thank the sun for illuminating your path.
At sunset, watch the sun as it disappears over the horizon. Reflect on your day and the coming darkness.
- What shadow aspects of your being do you need to confront?
- What do you want to release, or complete in your life?
- What do you need to work on in your night dreams?
Give thanks and make an offering to Father Sun; receive his blessings and gifts.
From: Circle of Song
You may sometimes find yourself longing to sit and do nothing, yet when the opportunity presents itself, you may not know how to enjoy it.
That’s largely because our society is very goal-oriented. We tend to always be going in a certain direction and having a particular aim in mind. Buddhism, on the other hand, has a certain respect for enlightened “aimlessness.” That teaching says you don’t have to put something in front of you and run after it, because everything is already there inside you. The same is true with sitting.
Don’t sit in order to attain a goal. Each moment of sitting meditation brings you back to life. Whatever you are doing, whether it’s watering the garden, brushing your teeth, or doing the dishes, see if you can do it in a way that is “aimless.”
– Thich Nhat Hanh
15 practical steps Thich Nhat Hanh says we can take to bring mindfulness to our work:
- 1. Start your day with 10 minutes of sitting in meditation.
- 2. Take the time to sit down and enjoy eating breakfast at home.
- 3. Remind yourself every day of your gratitude for being alive and having 24 brand-new hours to live.
- 4. Try not to divide your time into “my time” and “work.” All time can be your own time if you stay in the present moment and keep in touch with what’s happening in your body and mind. There’s no reason why your time at work should be any less pleasant than your time anywhere else.
- 5. Resist the urge to make calls on your cell phone while on your way to and from work, or on your way to appointments. Allow yourself this time to just be with yourself, with nature and with the world around you.
- 6. Arrange a breathing area at work where you can go to calm down, stop and have a rest. Take regular breathing breaks to come back to your body and to bring your thoughts back to the present.
- 7. At lunchtime, eat only your food and not your fears or worries. Don’t eat lunch at your desk. Change environments. Go for a walk.
- 8. Make a ritual out of drinking your tea. Stop work and look deeply into your tea to see everything that went into making it: the clouds and the rain, the tea plantations and the workers harvesting the tea.
- 9. Before going to a meeting, visualize someone very peaceful, mindful and skillful being with you. Take refuge in this person to help stay calm and peaceful.
- 10. If you feel anger or irritation, refrain from saying or doing anything straight away. Come back to your breathing and follow your in- and out-breath until you’ve calmed down.
- 11. Practice looking at your boss, your superiors, your colleagues or your subordinates as your allies and not as your enemies. Recognize that working collaboratively brings more satisfaction and joy than working alone. Know that the success and happiness of everyone is your own success.
- 12. Express your gratitude and appreciation to your colleagues regularly for their positive qualities. This will transform the whole work environment, making it much more harmonious and pleasant for everyone.
- 13. Try to relax and restore yourself before going home so you don’t bring accumulated negative energy or frustration home with you.
- 14. Take some time to relax and come back to yourself when you get home before starting on household chores. Recognize that multitasking means you’re never fully present for any one thing. Do one thing at a time and give it your full attention.
- 15. At the end of the day, keep a journal of all the good things that happened in your day. Water your seeds of joy and gratitude regularly so they can grow.
– Thich Nhat Hanh
Hugging meditation is something to practice with people you love and trust, particularly if you have been upset with each other. To begin, close your eyes, take a deep breath, and visualize yourself and your beloved three hundred years from now. Then, open your arms and hug your loved one.
If we can see the impermanent nature of our self and our loved one, we can realize how precious every moment is that we have together. We won’t want to waste our time together by being angry and hurting each other.
When you hug someone, first practice breathing in and breathing out to bring to life your insight of impermanence. “Breathing in, I know that life is precious in this moment. Breathing out, I cherish this moment of life.” You smile at the person in front of you, expressing your desire to hold him or her in your arms. This is a practice and a ritual.
When you bring your body and mind together to produce your total presence, full of life, it is a ritual. You hold the other person in your arms gently, and breathe in and out three times, cherishing the other person’s presence. Then you separate and smile to each other again – a smile of gratitude and love.
– Thich Nhat Hanh
- Silence of the Night – A Meditation Night is tremendously beautiful. It is a good time...
- Meditating on Moonbeams Mix your mind with the moonbeams at night. Wash you...
- Blood Bone and Ancestors Meditation In this exercise you will meditate on your skin, mu...
- Invoke The Healing Power of the Sun This mantra invokes the healing power of the sun. When...
- Harvest Meditation for the Harvest Moon Please take a seat and clear your mind of what fill...
- Warrior Meditation At Lughnasadh (August 1st), the harvest is kicking in...
- Inner Cosmos Meditation From the space of stillness, something beautiful ca...
- Simple Instructions for Meditation Here is a simple tutorial and a simple mantra for a...
- Remembering Who You Are Sit in an upright position in a chair, with your ba...
- Sit Silently and Wait A meditative awareness comes like a whisper, not a...