Because some answers can only be found on the Inner net.
– Shira Tamir
Welcome To The Meditation Pages here at shirleytwofeathers.com
Meditation is the practice of turning your attention to a single point of reference. It can involve focusing on the breath, on bodily sensations, or on a word known as a mantra. In other words, meditation means turning your attention away from distracting thoughts and focusing on the present moment.
Meditating is deceptively simple. A cartoon from The New Yorker sums it up:
Two monks are sitting side by side, meditating. The younger one is giving the older one a quizzical look, to which the older one responds, “Nothing happens next. This is it.”
- Inner Cosmos Meditation From the space of stillness, something beautiful ca... under Breath Work
- Silence of the Night – A Meditation Night is tremendously beautiful. It is a good time ... under Mindfulness Meditations
- A Water Meditation Calming sounds of running water for meditation. 15 m... under Miscellaneous Meditations
- Om Namah Shivayah This mantra has no approximate translation. The sou... under Mantras
- Invoke The Healing Power of the Sun This mantra invokes the healing power of the sun. When ... under Mantras
- Blood Bone and Ancestors Meditation In this exercise you will meditate on your skin, mu... under Visualizations
- Sit Silently and Wait A meditative awareness comes like a whisper, not a ... under Mindfulness Meditations
- Meditating on Moonbeams Mix your mind with the moonbeams at night. Wash you... under Visualizations
- A Simple Zen Meditation 1. Sit on the forward third of a chair or a cushion... under Zen Meditations
- A Mandala Meditation To begin your meditation select a quiet time and si... under Visualizations