Monthly Archives: June 2019
Stand with your feet apart and your arms raised even with your shoulders to form a star. With the left palm up and the right palm down, breathe in the grounding energy of the Earth and exhale any scattered energy through your mouth. Continue to breathe in this fashion until you’re totally relaxed.
Then call on the Sun, saying something like:
Father Sun, Who turns the night
Into the day with golden light
I give thanks for all You bring:
Warmth, strength, hope, and other things
Like laughter, joy, and true affection
And for holding me in Your protection
I thank You for my life this day
Please bless me with Your golden rays
And with Your wisdom, warm and bright
Please open me unto Your light
Into my body let it swell
Infusing each and every cell
To energize ’til the day is done
This I ask You, Father Sun
Repeat the invocation twice more, and stay in the position until you feel the energy begin to swirl through your body.
From: Everyday Sun Magic
The Gayatri Mantra is considered the most potent recitation for attracting spiritual and intellectual enlightenment. It calls for the celestials to shine their light of awakened consciousness on all of the physical and spiritual realms, as represented by our chakras.
Om Bhu, Om Bhuvaha, Om Swaha
Om Maha, Om Janaha, Om Tapaha, Om Satyam
Om Tat Savitur Varenyam
Bhargo Devasya Dhimahi
Dhiyo Yonaha Prachodayat
“O self-effulgent Light that has given birth to the luminous planes of consciousness, who is worthy of worship and appears through the spiritual lens of the sun, illumine our intellect.”
Here’s a Video:
You might notice that the video version is slightly different than the one detailed above, which is from Healing Mantras by Thomas Ashley Farrand. I love how happy and musical the video version is.
At sunrise, sit facing the sun. Meditate on light, on the dawning of a new day. Ask yourself what it is you wish to bring into your life. Thank the sun for illuminating your path.
At sunset, watch the sun as it disappears over the horizon. Reflect on your day and the coming darkness.
- What shadow aspects of your being do you need to confront?
- What do you want to release, or complete in your life?
- What do you need to work on in your night dreams?
Give thanks and make an offering to Father Sun; receive his blessings and gifts.
From: Circle of Song
- Silence of the Night – A Meditation Night is tremendously beautiful. It is a good time...
- Harvest Meditation for the Harvest Moon Please take a seat and clear your mind of what fill...
- Meditating on Moonbeams Mix your mind with the moonbeams at night. Wash you...
- Invoke The Healing Power of the Sun This mantra invokes the healing power of the sun. When...
- Blood Bone and Ancestors Meditation In this exercise you will meditate on your skin, mu...
- Jurgen Ziewe Talks About Meditation Here is an excerpt from an interview with Jurgen Zi...
- Tree of Life Meditation Begin by taking some full, deep breaths. Don't try...
- Breathe – A Simple Meditation Breath is life and change, a basic connection betwe...
- Remembering Who You Are Sit in an upright position in a chair, with your ba...
- Warrior Meditation At Lughnasadh (August 1st), the harvest is kicking in...