There’s a lot that can be inferred from looking at someone’s eyes. After all, they are the windows to the soul. But when it comes to animals, you can learn a lot more about them than just their personality.
These animals all have unique, highly specialized eyes. Can you guess which animal each belongs to without reading the caption?
Cats can see 8 times better than humans.
Because geckos are nocturnal, their eyes are more light-sensitive, with the pupils constricting when they hit light.
A crocodile’s eyes can adapt to twilight or nighttime.
Penguins have eyes that allow them to see better underwater.
Chameleons can rotate their eyes 360 degrees independently of one another!
A python’s eye is mesmerizing.
A tokay gecko has transparent eyelids.
This tomato frog has many different types of optic nerves.
Marine mammals, like this whale, have limited vision because of the way the water refracts light.
Owls cannot easily see from close distances, but they are excellent from farther away, particularly in low light.
The octopus has binocular vision.
Just like humans, chimpanzees have binocular vision.
Lemurs have such excellent night vision that they can still make out colors in almost complete darkness.
Macaws see everything in ultraviolet vision.
A chinchilla has truly striking eyes. It looks like a landscape!
A crow’s eyes almost look like they’re frosted over. Chilling.
Parrots’ ultraviolet vision allow them to see the maturation of fruits.
Unlike other birds, the athene noctua owl is able to blink one eye and turn its head three-quarters of its total rotation.
This hippo’s eye is adapted for nighttime.
Found at Honest To Paws
Leave a Reply
- An Eye of Horus Art Collection A cool collection of mandala art featuring the Eye of...
- God's Eye “The eye through which I see God is the same eye th...
- Madhubani Marriage Mandalas Kohbar Painting or simply Kohbar is auspicious marr...
- About The Third Eye The third eye is known as the gateway to higher con...
- A Fire Mandala to Color Here’s a fiery mandala to color! Enjoy!
- The Eye As A Symbol The symbolism of the eye occurs in so many places a...
- Sri Yantra Mandala Meditation The secret key to using Yantras in meditation is Re...
- Sri Yantra Mandala To Color Here's a Sri Yantra Mandala to color, in case you'd...
- About Madhubani Marriage Mandala Art Perhaps the best known genre of Indian folk paintings a...
- Mandala Eyes ~ A Collection Here is an eclectic collection of mandalas with eyes...