Here’s something interesting to color. It’s in line with my current theme of Eyes, and it also includes some sacred geometry, and a few other other elements.
Here’s an Eye of Horus mandala to color. I found it at: A Mind.
All this talk about eyes… makes me want to try my hand at coloring one. Enjoy!
~ author unknown ~
The Mandala (Sanskrit for “circle” or “completion”) has a long history and is recognized for its deep spiritual meaning and representation of wholeness.
The circle is a symbol of wholeness, continuity, connection, unity, harmony and the cycle of life. Unlike other shapes, the circle flows and has no hard edges or angles. Circles are believed to help individuals focus inward.
If you choose to color a mandala it will tap into your creativity without any need for artistic expertise. Mandalas are used universally to promote healing and other positive states of being. Why? One explanation comes from its very design. The mandala is a circular matrix with a center point—a point from which all things are possible
If you are not ready to design an original mandala, internet sites have mandalas ready for coloring as a free copy or download. It is always best to select colors intuitively when coloring a mandala. Listed below are colors and their symbolic meanings.
- RED for strength, high energy and passion
- PINK for love, intuition and the feminine
- ORANGE for creativity transformation,self-awareness and intuition
- YELLOW for learning, wisdom, laughter and happiness
- GREEN for physical healing, psychic ability, love of nature and caring
- BLUE for emotional healing, inner peace and meditation
- PURPLE for all things spiritual
- WHITE for spiritual focus
- BLACK for mystery, deep thinking and individuality
Once you’ve created your mandala, put it somewhere you’ll see it every day, on the wall, as a screen saver on your phone, laptop, or computer, so that it will work its magic in your life.
Love the idea but don’t have a mandala to color? Here are a bunch of mandalas to choose from:
From: Balanced Women’s Blog
- An Eye of Horus Art Collection A cool collection of mandala art featuring the Eye of...
- God's Eye “The eye through which I see God is the same eye th...
- A Fire Mandala to Color Here’s a fiery mandala to color! Enjoy!
- About The Third Eye The third eye is known as the gateway to higher con...
- Madhubani Marriage Mandalas Kohbar Painting or simply Kohbar is auspicious marr...
- The Eye As A Symbol The symbolism of the eye occurs in so many places a...
- About Madhubani Marriage Mandala Art Perhaps the best known genre of Indian folk paintings a...
- A Labyrinth To Color Here's a labyrinth to play with. I played around wi...
- Sri Yantra Mandala Meditation The secret key to using Yantras in meditation is Re...
- Sri Yantra Mandala To Color Here's a Sri Yantra Mandala to color, in case you'd...