The North Wind is the wind of death – but not necessarily that of physical death. This is the realm of the one eternal universal law – change. “Death” here refers to the elimination of negativity.
The North Wind is cold (magically speaking), blowing in as it does from the direction of winter and of snows lying deep across the lands. It is “dry,” or barren, thus paving the way for spells of destruction.
How to use it? If you are depressed, anxious, envious, jealous, angry, and the wind is blowing from the north face full into it and it will free you of these things.
If you wish to break a bad habit, perform any spell of this nature while the North Wind is blowing for added power.
The North wind, while chilly with night and death and deep snows, is also the wind of the element Earth, and thus shares in some of its qualities. But the wind, being dry, is not favored for fertility and prosperity magic, although that involving healing can be greatly aided by the North Wind.
Its color is the black of midnight.
From: Earth Power
- Nature Spirits: Snow faeries, Storm faeries, Winter Tree Faeries
- Herbs: Holly, English Ivy, Fir, Mistletoe
- Colors: Blood Red, White and Black
- Flowers: Holly, Poinsettia, Christmas Cactus
- Scents: Violet, Patchouli, Rose Geranium, Frankincense, Myrrh, Lilac
- Stones: Serpentine, Jacinth, Peridot
- Trees: Pine, Fir, Holly
- Animals: Mouse, Deer, Horse, Bear
- Birds: Rook, Robin, Snowy Owl
- Deities: Hathor, Hecate, Neith, Athena, Minerva, Ixchel, Osiris, Norns, Fates
To endure, die and be reborn. Earth tides turning. Darkness. Personal alchemy. Spiritual paths, Reach out to friends and family, the lonely and needy.