Instinctively, the occurrence of red makes us wary, as we connect it with heat and the potential danger of burning. Red lights are built into artificial fires to help simulate the coziness of a real fire. Too much heat and red burns, but at the right level it supports our lives and gives us comfort.
Being the color of blood, red has symbolic links with living and life. Spilling or losing blood brings illness and death. Wearing red, eating red foods and surrounding yourself with red increases the body’s ability to absorb iron, the metal that is responsible for the color of hemoglobin in the blood. The presence of hemoglobin allows the blood to absorb oxygen in the lungs and to transport that life-giving oxygen to the cells of the body.
Physical activity and the energy that that supports it also has a red vibration. If speed, danger, daring or courage are involved, the red quality of the activity increases. Mountaineers, racing car drivers, and stuntmen all have “red” careers.
…and his eyes were so green they could turn carbon dioxide into oxygen.
Foods that work in a green way:
- Food that is green, or works in a green way, tends to be rich in vitamins and nutrients.
- Eating foods in their natural season, or where possible, foods grown locally, allow the body to settle into the rhythms and patterns of our immediate surroundings.
- Apples, pears, avocados, green grapes, limes, kiwi fruit, cabbage, broccoli, kale, sprouts, green beans, peas, leeks spinach, herbs.
Green Essential Oils:
Green Crystals and Stones:
- Moss agate
Green gemstones are used to attract money, prosperity and wealth. They are balancing stones that promote growth and fertility. Carry, wear or place green gemstones around your home or office to promote balance, change and growth.
Symbolic Meanings of Green:
- New life
- The sea
- Fertility and regeneration
- Environmental awareness
- A lucky color
- An unlucky color
How lovely yellow is! It stands for the sun.
~Vincent Van Gogh
Foods that work in a yellow way:
- Eating outside in natural sunlight improves digestion and gives a feeling of well being.
- Fish oils and foods that are high in omega 3 fatty acids.
- Lemon, bananas, grapefruit, eggs, honey, peppers, pumpkins, pineapples, bananas, grains such as corn, wheat, rice, rye
Vitamins and supplements that work in a yellow way:
- Vitamins A, B, D, and E
- Sodium and potassium, iodine, chromium, molybdenium.
Yellow essential oils:
- Lemon grass
- Lemon Verbena
Yellow crystals and stones:
- Tiger Eye
- Iron Pyrite
Carry or wear yellow gemstones to promote the ability to express yourself. They are excellent stones for writers and public speakers to increase eloquence. The yellow stones stimulate movement and mental awareness. They are used to enhance decision making skills.
Symbolic meanings of the color yellow:
- The sun
- The intellect and intuition
- The Empire and fertility (in China)
Foods that work in an orange way:
- Lack of orange, and orange energy foods can be evident in physical constipation, stiffness in muscles and joints, and stagnation in other areas of life such as “writer’s or artist’s block.”
- Orange foods help with release of toxins and stress from the body by encouraging the system to become more efficient in the natural. This aids relaxation and release of stress as the body lets go of unwanted and waste products.
- Orange foods contain key nutrients that support and maintain the reproductive systems. These foods can also aid the flow of creativity on other levels too.
- Oranges, peaches, apricots, pumpkin, peppers, carrots, brown rice, sesame seeds, oats, shellfish, tangerines, mangoes.
Vitamins and supplements that work in an orange way:
Orange Essential Oils:
Orange Crystals and Stones:
- Fire Agate
- Orange Calcite
- Balance between spirit and sexuality
- Fertility and yet virginity
- The sun,
“The ‘pure’ red of which certain abstractionists speak does not exist.
Any red is rooted in blood, glass, wine, hunters’ caps and a thousand other concrete phenomena. Otherwise we would have no feeling toward red and its relations… ” ~Robert Motherwell
Foods that work in a red way:
Red foods are generally rich in minerals and provide good sources of protein.
- Red cabbage
- Chili peppers
- Red wine
Vitamins and minerals that work in a red way:
Essential Oils that are “red”:
Crystals and Stones:
Red gemstones can be used to strengthen the body, promote will power and courage, add vitality, overcome sexual dysfunctions. Carry or place red gemstones around your home or office to stimulate vitality and energy.
- Red Jasper
Symbolism of the color red:
- Vitality and life-force
- The Sun
- The Direction of South
- Good luck and prosperity
- Power and authority
- Masculine energy
- War and anger
- Purple Planet Earth The earliest life on Earth might have been just as ... under Miscellaneous Information
- A to Z Healing Index Here is an A to Z list of illnesses and the colors ...
- Healing with Color Meditation The Meditation: Choose the color you feel is most ap... under Color Meditations
- Variations of the Color Turquoise Aqua: Closer to green than blue, aqua is refreshing... under Turquoise
- Red Is A Green Issue Red keeps us rooted in the red energy of our planet... under Miscellaneous Information