Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.
~L. Frank Baum
Dr. Edwin Babbitt, in his classic, “The Principles of Light and Color,” states that “The Blue Ray is one of the greatest antiseptics in the world.”
Blue is an all purpose healing color and a great antiseptic and astringent, it discourages disease and disharmony, calms the mind and nerves. Cooling, calming, and protecting, it relaxes the nervous system, helps reduce fever, inflammation and bleeding.
Blue is associated metaphysically with the throat and thyroid gland. Blue-colored light has been shown to reduce blood pressure. Blue calms the autonomic nervous system and is anti-inflammatory. Dark blue affects the pituitary gland, the regulator of sleep. Dark blue also reduces pain and strengthens the skeleton by keeping bone marrow healthy.
Light and sky blues are those most often used in healing work. Blue is good for soothing body, mind and spirit, highly recommended in case of shock. It is very good for treating burns, chickenpox and mumps. In moderation, blue is excellent for emotional healing of stress and anxiety (too much can increase depression and apathy in those so inclined),
The color blue also helps reduce and manage “hot” emotions like anger, impatience, greed or jealousy.
Healing with the color blue:
- Blue is cooling, electric, astringent.
- Good for emotional healing.
- Use a blue light for measles, chickenpox and mumps.
- It can help with self control and in chaotic situations.
- Highly recommended in case of shock.
- Cools down inflammations, fevers, and high blood pressure.
- Stops bleeding.
- Relieves the headaches.
- Calms the mind and nerves.
- Calms strong emotions like anger, aggression or hysteria.
- Brings tranquility.
- Great for insomnia.
- Enhances antiseptic effects
- It is used for stings, itches, rashes and bites.
- Soothing to the eyes.
- Anti-irritation (for instance redness of the skin).
- Soothes suffering.
- It is good for cooling, calming, reconstructing and protecting.
- A great antiseptic and astringent.
- It is very good for treating burns.
- Cooling, calming and protecting.
- It relaxes the nervous system.
- Helps reduce fever, inflammation and bleeding.
- Blue can be used for any type of ailment associated with speech, communication, or the throat.
- Excellent for laryngitis or inflammation of the larynx.
- Also can be used for tooth problems and associated pain and inflammation.
- Blue can increase depression, tiredness and sorrow, so its use should be observed carefully and darker shades should be used only moderately.
Note: This post was compiled by Shirley Twofeathers for Color Therapy, you may repost and share without karmic repercussions, but only if you give me credit and a link back to this website. Blessed be.
In healing Turquoise can help to calm hyperactive or hypersensitive people . Turquoise calms the mind and is cooling to the nervous system. assists immunity and is one of the colors for throat chakra. It is a powerful cleanser and can be used as an all purpose higher octave color for healing. It can be used to improve the circulation and healing effect of energy in general.
Healing with the color turquoise:
- Turquoise is important for respiratory system and in strengthening the metabolism.
- It is cooling to the system, and can be beneficial in easing all feverish conditions and for balancing all systems of the body. It can also be used to cool and ease any inflammation.
- Combines both the beneficial effects of blue and green.
- It vitalizes all systems. It is also purifying.
- In treating febrile diseases, change to turquoise when the temperature is normal.
- Turquoise is useful in treating skin conditions, throat problems, and it is very effective for acute pain and earaches.
- Turquoise is a prime skin-building color and should be used after the pain from burns is relieved. Turquoise hastens the formation of new skin.
- It eases respiration problems. It is effective in treatment of asthma and bronchitis, especially with children. Regular color breathing with turquoise or aqua can prevent intense attacks of asthmatic conditions.
- Turquoise is good for immune system, skin (burns and infections), mental relaxation, acidic, tonifier, regulates lung/large intestine systems.
- Turquoise stimulates the Thymus center, or Higher Heart Chakra.
- Increases intuition and sensitivity.
- Turquoise is a cerebral depressant for over-active mental patients.
- It enhances the ability to focus and concentrate, assisting with clear thinking and decision-making, and the development of good organizational skills.
- Works as a disinfectant and antiseptic.
- Tones the general system.
- Relaxes sensations of stress.
- It is calming yet invigorating, restoring depleted energies.
- It resonates to the thymus and thyroid glands of our endocrine system.
- Turquoise has a strengthening influence on all systems of the body bringing a sense of inner confidence.
- Treats disillusionment and apathy
- Also good for communication issues, cleansing , breath issues, physical detox , rebirthing , purification , sterilization , transition , pain, and hearing.
- Too much of this color in your life may give you an overactive mind and create emotional imbalance, making you either over-emotional or non-emotional.
- Too little turquoise in your life may cause you to withhold your emotions, resulting in secrecy and confusion about your direction in life.
Note: This post was compiled by Shirley Twofeathers for Color Therapy, you may repost and share without karmic repercussions, but only if you give me credit and a link back to this website. Bright Blessings.
- Foods That Are Turquoise I found almost nothing in the way of foods that are nat... under Miscellaneous Information
- Purple Planet Earth The earliest life on Earth might have been just as ... under Miscellaneous Information
- Healing With The Color Turquoise In healing Turquoise can help to calm hyperactive o... under Healing With Colors
- Violet vs Purple In the traditional color wheel used by painters, viol... under Purple
- A Short History of Color Therapy “Color provokes a psychic vibration. Color hides a powe...